Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2020 10:07:00 AM EDT
I sit in total darkness in a 21 ' ladder stand at 60 yards from a bait station with motion-activated kill lights with a .22 LR 10/22 Rifle with a scope with a lighted reticle and make precision shots on Large Hogs placing my shot 1/4" below the ear I drop 300 pound Feral Hogs with one shot. I am a Contractor for Feral Hog & Coyote eradication and in just one year killed 197 Feral Hogs on one location destroying the sounder with a firearm and the remaining few have departed that 500 acres of County Land. I have been on several contracts where archery had to be used a Municipal Airport, a Golf course, for the most part, I use the AR-15 Rifle or Pistol in 5.56 or my 9mm Carbine Rifle with night vision scopes they do just fine it's all about shot placement, But the Kill Snare racks up more than firearms it strangles the hog as it struggles to get away you have to check these snares 3 times a day morning noon and night it's more efficient and you have to load up and remove the hog but the majority are already dead when I arrive so I just drag them and load them I place 12 to 24 one time use kill snares and my catch rate in 90 % of the hogs on the property. My next purchase won't be a Rifle or night vision, It will be a Boar Buster Live catch drop trap to catch the whole sounder at once I donate the Hogs to the needy they pay $30 to the processor and the meat is free processed and packaged for $30 is a deal. I  Just show up at the live trap with a .22 Pistol and shoot all the hogs in the head starting with the largest Hogs and work to the smallest if a pig is over 300 pounds those become coyote and buzzard food their meat is foul when they are larger than 300 Pounds. The two biggest pigs I have taken off a property on a contract were 585 & 570 pounds and had to be picked up with a front end loader I killed them with headshots from .223 / 5.56 .So you don't need these buffalo guns to kill hogs .Some guys here use dogs and a long knife or spear they are nuts because a hog can kill a Human.

https://oi464.photobucket.com/albums/rr6/all_american82nd/20181107_111101_zpsmjopjlgv.jpg

https://oi464.photobucket.com/albums/rr6/all_american82nd/20180902_165701_zpsvxeovac7.jpg
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
not the right place~ussrangersm
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I could be wrong, and am quite frequently.  Isn’t that a .308/7.62 rifle in the attached photo?  I was expecting a .22,
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
edited~ussrangersm

OP, does that job pay pretty good? Or are you just part time?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could be wrong, and am quite frequently.  Isn’t that a .308/7.62 rifle in the attached photo?  I was expecting a .22,
View Quote

No it's an AR-15 .223  I use it the most to kill Hogs but have used a .22 LR a good bit I don't have a photo of myself with a .22 Rifle in fact I killed all 3 hogs with one shot they lined up broadside to me in a row and I placed one shot on the closest Hog just below his ear  I was 50 yards away  21 feet up a ladder stand in the early morning and dropped all three with a 62-grain green tip m855 5.56 round. Do you hunt hogs?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
" />

" />

" />

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]
A club of guys around here uses the dog/knife method exclusively. They kill a ton of hogs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A club of guys around here uses the dog/knife method exclusively. They kill a ton of hogs.
View Quote

They are crazy also! I went on one of those hunts once here in South Carolina  I have seen a guy jump on a 300-pound hog the dog had hold of and try to stick it with a knife and the PIG got him with his cutters on the inside of his thigh turns out he needed 14 stitches plus another 30-day hospital stay because of the infection in his leg. I took him to the Hospital  No thanks been there learned a big lesson don't want to do it again. I just shoot them or let them strangle in a neck snare.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
@BLACKRIFLEREVIEW

Nice to see some SC hog kills.

Looks like some of those big boars had their nuts cut off.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting.

I need to rid a few hundred acres of feral hogs in the near future.

This thread is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sit in total darkness in a 21 ' ladder stand at 60 yards from a bait station with motion-activated kill lights with a .22 LR 10/22 Rifle with a scope with a lighted reticle and make precision shots on Large Hogs placing my shot 1/4" below the ear
View Quote

Cool Story Bro, but not all of us are .33 MOA shooters, few of us are likely to have hogs sit still while we shoot them, and many of us shoot at hundreds of yards, not 60.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cool Story Bro, but not all of us are .33 MOA shooters, few of us are likely to have hogs sit still while we shoot them, and many of us shoot at hundreds of yards, not 60.
View Quote

My nephew is only 16 and he stacks them with a bolt gun. What was your excuse again?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My nephew is only 16 and he stacks them with a bolt gun. What was your excuse again?
View Quote

I am just not .33 MOA on running hogs at over 100 yards, which is most of them. Bolt guns are fun when you only want to get one at a time. But I need 3/4/5/6 in a few seconds. 6 got away in this video, needed a 249.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am just not .33 MOA on running hogs at over 100 yards, which is most of them. Bolt guns are fun when you only want to get one at a time. But I need 3/4/5/6 in a few seconds. 6 got away in this video, needed a 249.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Dwb7TtTys

View Quote

Or a Mk19.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@BLACKRIFLEREVIEW

Looks like some of those big boars had their nuts cut off.
View Quote

Yes you are right I have killed a few feral Domestic Pigs like that they escaped from a Farm and just roamed wild and I caught up with them. I have a large hogs nut sack tanned and made into a large Hog leather bag I carry my muzzleloader rounds in. One Hog I killed came from over 100 miles away in the low country down by Beaufort SC he had a Metal Tag in his ear with a Phone number and Name I called it and the man said it escaped loading it to go to market almost 10 years prior and it got as far north as Aiken County SC It grew the Armor Plate on the shoulders and had huge cutters.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Interesting.

I need to rid a few hundred acres of feral hogs in the near future.

This thread is relevant to my interests.
View Quote

Where are you located in Texas? Texas lets you transport live hogs to a hog farm have a veterinarian treat them and recycle them back into the food chain Boar Buster Trap and you can make some money. My state don't allow that. You start setting these traps up you stand to profit from it. You can also easily move the traps around the property and use your trap to make money on others property .

http://boarbuster.com/

https://youtu.be/ZFS42NlM84A

https://youtu.be/rsFXhGoDnW0

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55995/16263442-9F37-4C59-A308-824284AF9A15_jpe-1482525.JPG
View Quote

OUTSTANDING KEEP STACKING THEM UP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Dwb7TtTys

View Quote

You need an m-249 or a 240 lol lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@BLACKRIFLEREVIEW

View Quote

I target Sows more than Boars they are the biggest producers with Just one Sow has  2 litters of 10 a year so if you kill 10 sows you have eliminated 200 pigs from being born in just one year. They Multiply faster than Democrats on the Governments  TIT!

Note where I like to place my shots. No more boom boom for this Sow!

" />

Long-Nosed South Carolina Piney Wood Rooter!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#19]
nice shooting! I just started another HOG Eradication Contract in Beach Island, SC. Near the river severe rooting of the peoples lawn and yard. Because of the close proximity to farm animals traps and, .22lr will be used with great effectiveness as I break the sounder down by killing Piglets and Sows on every engagement until they move or all gone.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#20]
@HootieWho

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#21]
And yet last week I had a hog eat a 12 ga slug behind the shoulder at 15 yds and keep running.

Can a .22 work in ideal conditions? Sure, so can a pointy stick, but it's appropriate to use a bigger gun most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
nope~ussrangersm
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is my favorite type of hunt. By far.  I like the danger aspect, and getting up close and personal. Getting my hands covered in hot blood on a cold day while fighting a huge hog is a great adrenaline trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top