Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2021 1:37:26 PM EDT
I'm looking for a non-insulated vest for working around the homestead. Need something with several pockets for phone, EDC stuff, spare mag, etc. Will spend more for quality. Prefer non-tactical as sometimes I run into town while I'd be wearing it. Cotton canvas or denim or Cordura is preferable.
Ideas, suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Carhartt would be my go to for something like that. Might pay a little more than some brands, but their stuff is top notch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Duluth Trading Co.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
HPG runners kit bag is the best option I’ve found.  Vests are constantly hanging where I don’t want them to (PTO shafts etc) or getting caught on stuff I don’t want them to (pretty much everything).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an HPG, not that same model. I use it frequently but some work I just find it impractical.
I started wearing a vest last fall and through most of the winter, even under my outer coat. It hasn't given me problems yet. I would just like to find one that's uninsulated.
I thought about a photographers vest, but those seem to be too baggy for what I want.
I'll look at the Carhartt and DT stuff. I own both, just haven't shopped for any of either in a while.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my Carhartt vest, but it's insulated
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-vest.html or something like.

In Oklahoma's early day of CCW, you had to be concealed when carrying. I know it was stupid but that how it was. Allot of people had them when they carried.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Duluth Trading Co.
View Quote

This. Wear mine every day for work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top