Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 1:37:26 PM EDT
I'm looking for a non-insulated vest for working around the homestead. Need something with several pockets for phone, EDC stuff, spare mag, etc. Will spend more for quality. Prefer non-tactical as sometimes I run into town while I'd be wearing it. Cotton canvas or denim or Cordura is preferable.
Ideas, suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:03:57 PM EDT
Carhartt would be my go to for something like that. Might pay a little more than some brands, but their stuff is top notch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:10:00 PM EDT
Duluth Trading Co.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:47:27 PM EDT
HPG runners kit bag is the best option I’ve found.  Vests are constantly hanging where I don’t want them to (PTO shafts etc) or getting caught on stuff I don’t want them to (pretty much everything).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:52:42 PM EDT
I have an HPG, not that same model. I use it frequently but some work I just find it impractical.
I started wearing a vest last fall and through most of the winter, even under my outer coat. It hasn't given me problems yet. I would just like to find one that's uninsulated.
I thought about a photographers vest, but those seem to be too baggy for what I want.
I'll look at the Carhartt and DT stuff. I own both, just haven't shopped for any of either in a while.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:04:27 PM EDT
Love my Carhartt vest, but it's insulated
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:04:29 AM EDT
https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-vest.html or something like.

In Oklahoma's early day of CCW, you had to be concealed when carrying. I know it was stupid but that how it was. Allot of people had them when they carried.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:19:35 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rudison:
Duluth Trading Co.
View Quote

This. Wear mine every day for work.
Top Top