Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2020 8:12:43 PM EDT
So, I have a cargo rack on my 4Runner that includes a locking shovel/axe carrier.

The lock keyway does have a cover but I would still like to find something that will stretch over the knob to keep water/ice out...

Any ideas...?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
fashion a fabric cover with velco, like a crossbar pad cover on a dirtbike.  

Keep a can of lock deicer handy.  Keep a towel handy and diaper the knob so you're not blowing that crap all over if you have to use it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
One of guys I know uses small drawstring neoprene bags over the knobs on his rack.  I think he made them himself but you could probably find them on someplace like Etsy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like some of these protective end caps would work, if yiu get the right diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/Protective-Caps/b?ie=UTF8&node=4650341011
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for all the great ideas.....

Before I get into fabricating something, I like the neoprene draw string bag idea, I'm going to try Stasher1's idea..

I may add a small bungee retainer...

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top