Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2020 5:01:25 PM EDT
Who else plans to take advantage of the chicom virus shutdown to spend some quality time in the woods? Sounds like some hog hunts, float trips and camping may be in order...
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
my backyard is the Nat Forest. I moved here for a reason. Self Quarantine isnt a problem
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been known to go walk around some in the woods....
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What shutdown?  Some business are considered “essential “ and remain open
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been fishing 3 times in the last week, going turkey hunting this coming saturday and fishing again on sunday.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Shutdown. I don't work for the gubberment.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't had any time off work, but have been enjoying riding my bike on the Nat Forest roads down the street, with nobody else around.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
If we have enough/get gas, the family will ice fish,hunt and logging by snogo.
Will keep our distance though.

But we cannot leave the house alone as people have been stealing all kinds of things.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been fishing 3 times in the last week, going turkey hunting this coming saturday and fishing again on sunday.
View Quote

@navvet are we long lost brothers? Im going turkey hunting tomorrow.  1st time trying. Then plan on going fishing in my pond Sunday-weather permitting. I dont know jack about turkey hunting, other than what ive read and seen on the youtubes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What shutdown?  Some business are considered “essential “ and remain open
View Quote

Yup. The "essential to infrastructure " industries are still up and running, and as individual locations shut down due to workers testing positive for COVID-19, the other locations have to pick up the slack.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Went for a walk in the woods this evening, checked on my backwoods bush camp/ lean-to.  Plan on doing more of it but I still have to report to work each day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I have increased my time out in some acreage I have about an hour from home.  I have been grooming my shooting range, making some new paths through the woods, and some other maintenance.  I barely think about Beer Flu at all when I'm there.  Its nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top