Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2022 8:10:31 PM EDT
My venerable FT-857D in the Jeep is having an issue on the HF side. Whenever I switch to an HF band/frequency, the display where the power output normally shows nothing is showing all the way to the top (S9+20) and not producing any audio. I've taken the tuner out of the loop and the diplexer as well and it still does the same thing. I'm thinking there's something going on inside the radio so I need to send it off to get the problem diagnosed.

Where is a good place to send it off to? In the past, I've sent my 991 off to Yaesu (to become a 991A) but wasn't sure whether it was worth the long wait times for them. Any suggestions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top