Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2020 11:53:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#1]
British something something Land Rover parts site.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The last thread we had about this is still on page 1 of this very same subforum...

I shouldn't have to link it but I'm feeling nice...NATO can spout discussion
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
This is probably the best deal out there right now for the best spout ever made for NATO cans.  It's a great spout but as discussed in the other thread it will not work "as is" in modern cars and an adaptor of some kind (or a funnel?) would be needed for that.

https://expedition-imports.com/SWISSNOZZLE
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Duethcoptik or however the fuck it’s spelled.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I own several types and makes but the Valpro/Wavian is the best I have used. All others suck in comparison. I can quickly empty an entire fuel can and not spill a drop.

This one is the best. You can also get them in green.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]
If the leak is around the mounting area it's because the rubber seals on the Chinese ones are too thin.
Get some of the Atlantic British seals from Amazon. No leaks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Thanks.  Did a quick scan but obviously missed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Thanks.  Did a quick scan but obviously missed it.

No worries, sorry if I came off as a jerk. I was really exhausted last night and was probably a bit more rude about it than I should have been...

Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
I own several types and makes but the Valpro/Wavian is the best I have used. All others suck in comparison. I can quickly empty an entire fuel can and not spill a drop.

This one is the best. You can also get them in green.

Woah! Those are fightin' words!

Ok, just kidding, but have you tried a Swiss spout?

I can empty 5.3L into an auto tank in 35s without spilling a drop...
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SigOwner_P229:

No worries, sorry if I came off as a jerk. I was really exhausted last night and was probably a bit more rude about it than I should have been...

Woah! Those are fightin' words!

Ok, just kidding, but have you tried a Swiss spout?

I can empty 5.3L into an auto tank in 35s without spilling a drop...
View Quote

I think I have one of those. At least best as I recall. It looked like that. It never worked for me so I tossed it in a box somewhere. Might have been operator error...don’t know.

I had a variety of cheap spouts. All of them leaked. Finally got a Valpro/Wavian spout and that’s the only way I’ll go in the future. I have a few Scepter MFC cans and now that I’m using this spout, I’ll probably switch all my fuel can needs over to NATO cans. Half the price of the Swiss spout too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:

I think I have one of those. At least best as I recall. It looked like that. It never worked for me so I tossed it in a box somewhere. Might have been operator error...don’t know. 

I had a variety of cheap spouts. All of them leaked. Finally got a Valpro/Wavian spout and that’s the only way I’ll go in the future. I have a few Scepter MFC cans and now that I’m using this spout, I’ll probably switch all my fuel can needs over to NATO cans. Half the price of the Swiss spout too.
View Quote

If you find it, I'm always down for a 2nd Swiss spout for the right price...
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The cheap one I have has started leaking.

Update:  Bought one from Atlantic on Amazon.  Doesn't fit my cans.  The vent from the nozzle does not fit into the vent in the cans.  The nozzle is an elongated oval, my cans are more round.  Are there multiple versions?
View Quote

Do you actually have NATO cans then? What brand do you have?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you have a pic with the lid open?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

That sure looks like a Swiss jerry can.  The best spout for it is the one I posted a link to earlier, as that was the one made for it.  The down side to that spout is it needs to be modified to fit in todays unleaded tanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmmmm....I’m no Jerry can expert but from a quick google search that does appear to be a Swiss can. I’m afraid your only choice will be the Swiss spout.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That sure looks like a Swiss jerry can.  The best spout for it is the one I posted a link to earlier, as that was the one made for it.  The down side to that spout is it needs to be modified to fit in todays unleaded tanks.
View Quote

This^^^

Definitely Swiss cans. They're the holy grail of cans in the opinion of many.

You may have to go with the Swiss spout or modify the one you bought. The good news is that the Swiss spout works just fine on other NATO cans. I have some Swiss cans and some NATO, the Swiss spout hasn't given me troubles on any of them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:19:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Can almost buy a new NATO can for the cost of the Swiss spout.
View Quote

I’d buy some Valpro/Wavian cans and the Valpro spouts. Plus, the Valpro spout fits regular gas tanks without modification.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can almost buy a new NATO can for the cost of the Swiss spout.
View Quote

Want to trade NATO cans for swiss cans? We may be making a roadtrip out west next year...
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I gave up looking for a spout.

I'm going to stick with my 12v electric fuel pump with a lighter plug on the wire.  It takes a little longer but I don't have to lift the can.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top