Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2022 2:49:54 PM EDT
When you FINALLY get home from a Backpacking Trip...
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Hahaha!

My wife and I like a good burger and a beer...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Me? I'd probably hit the commode first.

Kyle is one of my favorite YT backpackers...a mix of sophomoric douche humor and sound advice.

If you've watched enough of his videos you get the impression that he's very likely one of us if you catch my drift.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Always stop for a burger and a beer after, before even getting home.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd take the longest, hottest shower I could.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 3:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lorax:
Always stop for a burger and a beer after, before even getting home.
View Quote

We're getting older, so we're getting a little softer.  Sometime we won't wait...nothing like smelling up a joint as you choke down a burger and couple of great IPAs; however, we've changed our routine a little the past few years.

Backpacking is our vacation time, so if we're doing a section hike I will often park our vehicle at a Bed & Breakfast so we can shit and shower first.  Or, since we travel through Asheville most of the time, I'll book a hotel room for a night (or two) and we'll walk down to several of the closest breweries and some good food. This has been the best way to end a backpacking "vacation".

One year, we literally got of the trail made it home to RON, pick up our packed shit and fly to the USVI the next day...it was just over 24 hours, and we went from trail to sipping rum drinks on white sand and toes in the water.  My wife "made" me get matching tattoos with her: She's from FL and represents the ocean; I'm from the mountains in WA: Mountains to sea...

What of the weirdest things is that I never, ever drink soda/pop, but for some reason, an ice cold Coke really hits the spot after being on the hot/humid trail for several days.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
funny.  First thing I do after getting back from the field is a long, hot shower.  I just sit under the water for a bit before I actually clean up.  Gets me back into "city" mode.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Shower. Laundry. Food. Clean gear
Too many years of coming home with duffels of dirty military gear. You can't let that stuff sit for too long because it doesn't take long for the science experiments to start growing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

We're getting older, so we're getting a little softer.  Sometime we won't wait...nothing like smelling up a joint as you choke down a burger and couple of great IPAs; however, we've changed our routine a little the past few years.

Backpacking is our vacation time, so if we're doing a section hike I will often park our vehicle at a Bed & Breakfast so we can shit and shower first.  Or, since we travel through Asheville most of the time, I'll book a hotel room for a night (or two) and we'll walk down to several of the closest breweries and some good food. This has been the best way to end a backpacking "vacation".

One year, we literally got of the trail made it home to RON, pick up our packed shit and fly to the USVI the next day...it was just over 24 hours, and we went from trail to sipping rum drinks on white sand and toes in the water.  My wife "made" me get matching tattoos with her: She's from FL and represents the ocean; I'm from the mountains in WA: Mountains to sea...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/Tatoo-2278472.jpg

What of the weirdest things is that I never, ever drink soda/pop, but for some reason, an ice cold Coke really hits the spot after being on the hot/humid trail for several days.

ROCK6
View Quote

I always said the thing I miss most on the trail is .....ice.
And as for smelling up a place after coming off the trail? I just found that the best places to go for a burger and beer really couldn't tell the difference and neither could any their other customers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lorax:

I always said the thing I miss most on the trail is .....ice.
And as for smelling up a place after coming off the trail? I just found that the best places to go for a burger and beer really couldn't tell the difference and neither could any their other customers.
View Quote

And they probably take cash or check, no cards.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fsj_man] [#10]
I try to eat well on backpacking trips.  It adds weight but it’s worth it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm the opposite.  First thing is take care of equipment and maintenance.  Old Army training.

CD
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Shower. Laundry. Food. Clean gear
Too many years of coming home with duffels of dirty military gear. You can't let that stuff sit for too long because it doesn't take long for the science experiments to start growing.
View Quote

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top