Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2020 9:33:56 PM EDT
I am looking for an aluminum boat, maybe 18', that I can fish lakes, maybe go out into the Puget Sound to crab, can handle a large enough outboard to tow a tube for the kids, and possibly trailer up to AK to use as a river hunting boat.  I dont know a ton about boats but is there anything that can do all that I am asking?  The biggest boat I have owned, and do now, is a 15' flat stern canoe so be gentle!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Xpress Xplorer bay CC, they have a 18 and 20’ version.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Triton, ranger, crestliner, xpress. To name a few.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Unapologetic_Patriot:
Xpress Xplorer bay CC, they have a 18 and 20’ version.
View Quote

I like the looks of this one, they dont seem to have many (any) dealers West of the Mississippi.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
I am looking for an aluminum boat, maybe 18', that I can fish lakes, maybe go out into the Puget Sound to crab, can handle a large enough outboard to tow a tube for the kids, and possibly trailer up to AK to use as a river hunting boat.  I dont know a ton about boats but is there anything that can do all that I am asking?  The biggest boat I have owned, and do now, is a 15' flat stern canoe so be gentle!
View Quote
For AK it depends on what rivers you are going up.
Most rivers you do not want a deep vee bottom. No more than 10-15 at the most.
SeaArk,Wooldridge,Alweld and the sort are good river boats.

Hewescraft,Wooldridge,duckworth,northriver make good ocean/bay boats.

Gets spendy.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Stabicraft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top