Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 4:57:03 PM EDT
Just getting in to trapping, took my course and waiting on my certification.  I probably won't get much into actual trapping this season but will instead concentrate on practicing sets, acquiring traps, tools, and supplies.  I'm not even sure what species I'll concentrate on to start, but most likely will start easy with raccoon, and possibly muskrat and mink.  

My course materials had a good reading section on tools and their use, but I'm curious what real trappers with experience have found that they absolutely NEED when working their lines.  Something oddball not covered in trapping courses that you found that works well?  Brands?  Obviously traps will be extremely dependent on type, size and preference so I don't really expect much input there.

Feel free to share pics of your pack setups or the stuff you use/recommend.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need basic things like....

Traps
Bait/lure
Stakes, swivels, maybe chains
3lb hammer
Bucket to carry things in
Skinning knife, fleshing knife, stretcher
Good boots
Good gloves
Knee pads optional

Above all, you'll need land, permission and experience.

Trapper man forum is where I go for all questions/ideas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top