Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2019 7:02:24 PM EDT
So I used to use this stuff regularly for body building, its PACKED with everything under the sun for vitamins, calories, protein, you name it.

Its a powder, I have no clue what the shelf life is, but all you need is water to mix with it, I always wondered what a place like here would think of it is as a food prep.

For reference:

Amazon Product
  • High Calorie Weight Gainer: 1,250 Calories per 2-Scoop Serving
  • 50 Grams of Protein per Serving
  • Over 252 Grams of Carbohydrates per Serving

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I really don't think it's good source of calories in the long run not sure if it's even really good for people working out hard.
I also think it's too expensive for calorie compared to other things.
I say that as I'm standing here chewing on a keto brick which is protein powder mixed with a cacao butter to make a giant cookie.
I do have a couple of hundred of those in rotation at the moment.

And I sell the stuff so I probably have 50 lb of it that's expired in my emergency pile. I do think it gets funky don't know if it's bad after a few years.
I have been adding it to my chicken feed and they seem to like the chocolate best.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really don't think it's good source of calories in the long run not sure if it's even really good for people working out hard.
I also think it's too expensive for calorie compared to other things.
I say that as I'm standing here chewing on a keto brick which is protein powder mixed with a cacao butter to make a giant cookie.
I do have a couple of hundred of those in rotation at the moment.

And I sell the stuff so I probably have 50 lb of it that's expired in my emergency pile. I do think it gets funky don't know if it's bad after a few years.
I have been adding it to my chicken feed and they seem to like the chocolate best.....
View Quote
I don't think I'd have any intention of having it 5+ years gonna have to rely on sustainable food cultivation at that point, but I can say with certainty 2 scoops with milk is about 1500 calories.

That's a shake that will fill you up!  So if anything its extremely calorie dense. Either way I wanted to provoke the thought that meals could be served in ways other than MRE's and camping/survival style food packs.

Its very easy to measure out as much as you want this way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of that stuff can be very hard on the gut.........
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of that stuff can be very hard on the gut.........
View Quote
I guess it varies by person, I've had a ton of those shakes and no issues, but chocolate does taste awesome.

Filling though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Most of the protein powders are soy-based.  And yes, if you're not use to them, they care reek havoc on your digestive system.  I do a protein shake every day (after workouts) for lunch (coupled with some fruit).  Shelf-life isn't that long, but I typically buy a couple of the 5 pound containers and they last me about three to four months.  For short term, they would be a good source of protein, but it's not something you store and use for emergencies.  For short term, they would be a good supplement...as said, they are pretty expensive for just calories and meal replacements.

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top