Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2021 7:09:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usncorpsman1]
This is a Boston butt from a hunt several months ago. She went on the grill about 0800 and dinner was ready about 1730. It was absolutely delicious. My neighbors smelled the smoke and came over to get some as well. I’ve posted my recipe here on the forums, if you use it and get rich……please send me a royalty.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
This time of year I’m going to have to hunt fit list year’s photos.

I’m going to include this photo of home made poke since I caught and killed the tuna.

Same with this sushi.

Caught this too, with plenty of his pals.

This is mahi mahi I caught and killed.

Canada goose, grilled. Delicious.

Wood ducks, grilled. Excellent.

For now…

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They all look delicious but...!
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't want to detract from the thread, but I have a question. My hunters brought in a few wild pigs last season and every one of them had a puss pocket in the neck. Probably from fighting.

Is there any way to salvage the meat?

They dumped the whole thing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
I don't want to detract from the thread, but I have a question. My hunters brought in a few wild pigs last season and every one of them had a puss pocket in the neck. Probably from fighting.

Is there any way to salvage the meat?

They dumped the whole thing.
View Quote

You could strip the back straps and hams they might taste alright if the pig wasn’t fevered. My daughter killed a buck like that once. He was alright. Wild pork we just tossed. We could kill enough that we didn’t mess with the boar’s. Young sows are much better eating.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Step 1) Give them a headache with a .22

Attachment Attached File

Step 2) Process the meat to make a stew

Attachment Attached File

Step 3) Profit
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top