Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2018 12:21:59 AM EDT
Looking to store a few rods in the garage on the wall.  I was thinking about making a rack, and I saw a few on Amazon.  This one looks promising.  

Just wondering what others are using?  I normally keep my rods in their case, but I just moved to a new place that's really close to the river.  I figured I should keep a few rods at the ready, so I can just walk out and go fishing.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I'd be afraid to keep a rod out of the storage case. I figure, if it's in the tube, the odds of nothing bad happening increase dramatically. Also, you can transport it to the river more safely, unless you're hiking there and have nowhere to stash the case.

Of course, I am paranoid. I broke the same Xi3 three times in a 12 month period!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Generations of dads have hung rods from single line guides perched on single nails. What makes you so special?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Generations of dads have hung rods from single line guides perched on single nails. What makes you so special?
View Quote
kinda hard to hang a 11ft 3" switch rod on 8ft 4" room height, for that matter all flyrods I have are 9ft or longer.

holder in ops picture is flawed in that it sticks out too far into room.

there are cheap ones available at fleet that use a foam to hold rods flat to wall one on top of other.

I keep my rods assembled if possible. 9ft rods are always together, 11ft 3"  switch is broken in half after fishing, but I can stuff it in car while moving from spot to spot during the day.

I think more wear and tear is done assembling/disassembling rods.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a rod and reel repair shop, and we suggest to people to never leave your rods/reels and tackle boxes in the garage.   The heat doesn’t do well for them.  Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point about the garage, my last house the garage was mostly underground.  It will be interesting to see how big the temperature swing is at the new house.  I might still take a look at the foam one mentioned, I had a Berkley vertical rack at my lake house a few years ago.  I just want to keep a 5 and a 3 ready to go, I'm about 1500-2000ft from the river.  If I try to put those on a wall inside, my wife might have something to say.

Thanks all
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Rod-Runner.  They make holder that hold your rods on a wall mount, then you can take them off the rack in a holder.  They are pretty nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top