Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2018 1:47:12 PM EDT
Does anyone here have experience (good or bad) with using the Vertx Gamut as a medical bag?

I am looking for something low profile - not bright red, no red crosses, no molle.

The Gamut looks to have a lot of potential. There is the hidden quick access molle field and then the inside compartment has a lot of loop material and opens completely.

Not my pictures:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

There is also the Gamut Plus and the insert for it. Not having seen it in person, it might be a little large:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
EDC Gamut user here ("Bracken" aka Brown color). Use it for literal everyday carry type purposes, not medical.

Feels a little silly saying this, but I friggin' love that backpack. No one bats an eye at it, but little do they know in that pack I'm carrying multiple G19 mags, sometimes a G19, Surefire, knife, etc. -- basically a mini-bugout kit all hidden away in areas outside the main pouch.

The bag is well constructed and durable. I've been EDCing it for a year and half and it looks great.

Well thought out design, well constructed, and best of all low-profile. I say buy with confidence, kit it out with your med supplies and post it up here. I for one would love to a dedicated med pack thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well thought out design, well constructed, and best of all low-profile. I say buy with confidence, kit it out with your med supplies and post it up here. I for one would love to a dedicated med pack thread.
View Quote
I may have to just get one and give it a go. Dvor has it in the color "bracken" for $125. Whatever bracken color is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the Conterra Longbow as an alternative.

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Take a look at the Conterra Longbow as an alternative.

View Quote
That might work in Swat Black. Twice the price of the Gamut though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That might work in Swat Black. Twice the price of the Gamut though.
View Quote
I have a Gamut, Longbow and Longbow Ranger.  The Longbow Ranger is my ALS search pack.  The Gamut insert only works with the larger gamut plus.  By going with the Longbow it is a med pack by design and rides significantly better than the Gamut it is also lighter.  You can expand the Longbow series by adding the two internal IDM Pockets and the two Side Pockets..

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
rides significantly better than the Gamut
View Quote
That is good to know. I would generally only be wearing it for 4-5 hours at a stretch and would use it for BLS at small events of around 3,000 people.

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is good to know. I would generally only be wearing it for 4-5 hours at a stretch and would use it for BLS at small events of around 3,000 people.

Edited for clarity.
View Quote
If you are using it on the job, go with the longbow.  Pick up their mos strips, it will allow you to organize it the way you want.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure of the usefulness of a hidden MOLLE panel
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#9]
If I may .... I think a backpack is overkill for that small a venue.

I used to work the Rose Bowl with a (large) fanny pack.  And a lot of big concerts and convention center events.

Probably most used things were band aids (ladies like new heels) and tampons.  Yes, seriously.   Rarely needed an actual bandage.

Carry an IFAK with an extra few TQs if you want to be prepared, a few kerlix and maybe 20 4x4,  BP cuff and stethoscope. Bandaids (knuckle type work best on heel blisters) and some cheap pads and tampons.  If you want to be nice, sunscreen to hand out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not sure of the usefulness of a hidden MOLLE panel
View Quote
I think it might be a good place to mount a tear-away blowout kit. Maybe a few other quick access odds and ends also.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a great deal on a lightly used TSSI M-9 in coyote. It is too tactical looking, but will do until I can find a deal on a Longbow in black (or maybe a Flightline).
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got a great deal on a lightly used TSSI M-9 in coyote. It is too tactical looking, but will do until I can find a deal on a Longbow in black (or maybe a Flightline).
View Quote
Skip the Flightline it it miserable on the back for any amount of time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top