Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2017 4:52:38 AM EDT
I figured this would be the forum to ask, so here goes...

I recently purchased a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab and have been looking for a lockable underseat gun safe/locker. Google only turns up Tuffy safes, but I'd rather not have to dick around with two locks to get into the main door. I also did some searches here, including an archive search, and the links posted in threads are no good, the products are no longer made.

Anybody know of any alternatives that have a single lock on the main door?

Link to the Tuffy safe: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-505-silverado-crew-cab-under-rear-seat-lockbox.aspx
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
ARmA15 Installed in Truck under Rear Seat AR15 M4 Locking Mount F150
I picked up one of these for my office: Arma 15

Here`she a video on a truck install. It's not a box, but it is an option. 
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRb5_MBnHtgI picked up one of these for my office: Arma 15

Here`she a video on a truck install. It's not a box, but it is an option. 
View Quote
Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. But yeah, I am looking for a locking box. I'd like to have a couple carbines, a FLC for each and some extra mags in there.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
No personal exp with this but I saw a YouTube vid on it and was impressed

Truck bunker

Or this one might be a little better

Locker down
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a DUHA, which I have had for about 8yrs.  Very strong and durable, unfortunately it is full of tools and shit and almost never sees a gun in there.  Mine doesn't lock and the seats down lock down, although it is well hidden.  I think newer models are available that lock or you can get locks for the seat position.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No personal exp with this but I saw a YouTube vid on it and was impressed

Truck bunker

Or this one might be a little better

Locker down
View Quote
The first one also has two locks for the main door. The second one, I really like, but not for $900.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a DUHA, which I have had for about 8yrs.  Very strong and durable, unfortunately it is full of tools and shit and almost never sees a gun in there.  Mine doesn't lock and the seats down lock down, although it is well hidden.  I think newer models are available that lock or you can get locks for the seat position.
View Quote
Looked into those too, they don't make a locking model. But I really like the way they're made with the organizer dividers that also hold long guns.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Du Ha box for my 2012 Silverado extended cab and it really like it. I wish there was a way to lock the seat in the down position but I haven't found anything. Du Ha actually made a lock for the previous generation of GM trucks to lock the rear seat in the down position.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to find a locking box option to fit under the back seat in my 2011 Avalanche 
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I built one. Took a little time to figure out what I wanted but it fits perfect and looks like it belongs there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#10]
ordered an ARMA15, will let ya know, it will be installed on a 2014 silverado back floor
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the further input, all.

Locking the bed up with a hard tonneau had occurred to me, but what I'm looking to do is basically have a glorified go bag.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
From GD a few months back:

https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/product/hidden-gun-safe-model-40/
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up just going with a Du-Ha. I'm pretty religious about locking my vehicles, so I should be fine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a truck bunker, my one complaint is the double lock on the main compartment. No matter what you need 2 free hands to open it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks again for the replies. I ended up going with a Du-Ha for now. But if somebody comes out with a basic, affordable, single lock locker, I'll upgrade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top