Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2021 9:09:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Civilian?

It was Civil back in my yootful days.

I got a Restricted RT Op card back in those days.  Had a radio shack CB handitalkie with the crystals switched to talk on one of the freqs.  

Ahh the mispent youth.  The check flights and couple of real search missions were good.  

Also will mention CAP did a lot of the airborne air monitoring in NYC after 9/11.  A side step from the radiological monitoring mission.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Any time I hear Civil Air Patrol, I laugh hysterically and nearly piss myself. No offense intended but.....I was in CAP for ~5 years as a cadet, and considered joining 3 different units in 3 states as an adult. For the most part, a bunch of mall cop misfit wannabe wackers. There are a few good folks in the bunch, but they are far and few, and often get sick of the bullshit and leave.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I get "this video is private".

And why is it posted in ham radio instead of aviation?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I was a CAP member for 10 years, and I'll never rejoin.

My problem with it is that its supposed to be a volunteer organization.  But, National Headquarters front loads it with so many requirements that it becomes like another full time job.  And the high requirements end up causing people to leave who can't put in the time required.  It's like NHQ is trying to create a mini Air Force with volunteers.

To tie this in to the ham radio forum, I was a communications officer and used to teach the old BCUT and ACUT classes.

And, I still think they should have used their "corporation" status to request nation wide frequencies from the FCC like the Red Cross and Salvation Army have, instead of going with NTIA as the "USAF Auxiliary."
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Video is private

An ex friend from high school joined as a adult to relive his glory days in AF JROTC.  He’s exactly what you would expect
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxcevB0Uei8

Great Presentation and my best intro to date.

Enjoy,

73-

Please subscribe and throw us a thumbs up!

/T/
w2nz
View Quote

Its private?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes. Can't play it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top