Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2023 11:56:57 AM EDT
We have been battling fungus with our trees since we’ve planted them. It seems to occur in almost all 6 varieties that we have. During the fall and dormant season, we’ve sprayed copper fungicide and dormant oil in hopes to minimize fungus and other pests. All trees are leafed out now that it’s warmed up, and most of the tree leaves are exhibiting the leave curl. What can I spray on them while they have fruit that’s safe? Captan fungicide? What concentration would you recommend? Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
HobbitWife has peach trees. Her contact at the state Extension Office says Neem Oil is good.
She uses Neem Oil for most all of her insecticide needs, from her garden greens to the chickens (it kills the mites).
NOT SAFE FOR BEES! So she sprays at night while they are tucked into their beds.

eta

Neem oil can also be used to manage some fungal disease issues, such as powdery mildew. It works by preventing the germination and penetration of fungal spores into leaf tissue. Neem won't “cure” a plant that is already infected with a fungal disease, but it can help limit the spread of the disease to healthy tissue.Jan
View Quote

Attrib link
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
While we don't know what to spray, my wife picks off the curled leaves and disposes of them. What new leaves come out are mostly ok. The trees look kinda funny but they're still alive and even still bear some fruit.

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HobbitWife has peach trees. Her contact at the state Extension Office says Neem Oil is good.
She uses Neem Oil for most all of her insecticide needs, from her garden greens to the chickens (it kills the mites).
NOT SAFE FOR BEES! So she sprays at night while they are tucked into their beds.

eta

Attrib link
View Quote

What i have read is you have to spray in the fall, and again in the spring before the leaves come out
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hard to treat in season without ruining the fruit. Had it really bad in my peaches, so I sprayed three times over the winter with copper fungicide and dormant oil. Leaf curl is 99% gone this season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top