Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2018 12:56:29 AM EDT
I do a lot of traveling for work and want to get back into fishing to burn up my down time. I’m looking for a decent rod, reel and case for air travel. Ideally, it would be something I could carry on. I haven’t read anything really good on the telescoping type rods. I’ll be basically doing catch and release and fishing the St Lawrence River, the Magog River and the St John River all in Canada. I’ll probably be fishing other spots as well, but those are the 3 main ones. I’m not planning on going after Jaws, just stuff hopefully under 10lbs. Any ideas or recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Browning 4pc travel rod
Bass Pro
$80

decent enough rod
add a Penn spinning reel
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a Cabelas Whuppin Stick  2 piece baitcaster and added an Abu Garcia Silver max reel to it for when I go to my father In laws. $67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top