Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2019 8:55:21 PM EDT
Hi All,
I made them a few years ago using cotton balls,  tp tubes and permethrin concentrate.
I have "1 million " tp tubes and the concentrate.   My question is whether the concentrate is off putting to mice because of the stabilizer odor?
And, can i use dryer lint  in place of cotton balls?
Seems last time none of were used by the mice.
Also,  can I spray directly on the grass?

I also bought some "star" stuff granular from the diy website...

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
When I make them, I use cotton balls and Sawyer permethrin. Odorless when dry. I check on them after I put them out and the mice are grabbing the cotton.

It can be sprayed on the grass. I have a tow behind sprayer and I spray permethrin on the grass and brush.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I would try using the non-stabilized permethrin which can be found in 10% concentrate.

I know your desire to stop the ticks is strong but if you spray the lawn be aware that you're killing any bug that touches it and there are many beneficial bugs, most notably honeybees.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I made and put down 20+ tubes across my 2 acres (in Virginia) along walls and where i thought mice would run. Maybe 10-20% had all the cotton balls pulled out.

Later, I found mice nests loaded with the shredded cotton balls in stumps on my property. They may only grab one or two cotton balls and shred it for bedding. I know they were using it and I really did see a reduction in ticks.

I even used havahart traps and caught squirrels and sprayed them with permathin before releasing them...lol. I ate all the deer though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top