fishing gear - ultralight rod, trotlines, traps, flag nets
traps, size 110 body-grip
snares
crawfish traps

Acorns:

Davebilt nutcracker
mortar and pestle

Mushrooms:

basket (a basket won't crush your bounty, and it will allow spores to spread.)
field guides (more than one)
magnifying glass
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The tiny little Maxpedition drop pouches are really nice and inconspicuous when not in use.

I'd add two or more to my belt before I picked up a basket or bucket, particularly in more difficult terrain
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe some of those yo-yo fishing reels. Rat traps in addition to the 110's. Plus something to tie/stake down said traps.

I read somewhere you burn more calories collecting mushrooms that what you get back as fuel, not sure how true that is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
In areas that are not NFA-friendly, or for those no wanting to deal with the hassle, add a high quality pellet rifle with a suitable scope for small game hunting.

Alternatively, a long barreled .22 rifle with Shorts or CB Longs, if it will shoot them accurately. E.g., when fired from a 24" barrel, CCI CB Shorts or Longs are hearing safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top