Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2022 2:42:16 PM EDT

Sitting at home surfing the net and pondering another boring weekend at home.  I needed to do something to stay sane.  

Told the wife to pack a bag and get ready for a road trip.  

Toodled down the road a bit until something looked like an interesting place to check out and came across a great spot.  Wife and I just sat and watched the pelicans and the water for hours!  Beats the crap outta surfing the web,  Which I couldn't do on the road trip anyway..  My phone company nuked my sim card the other day during an update.  So I only brought it for taking pics.  

Weather was perfect,  Bugs were pretty tame,  and what there were for bugs wanted nothing to do with the thermacell.  
[/url]

Dinner...  Some bacon cooked in some (flaming ) Slow n Low whiskey  (yummy!) and eggs.  

And breakfast..  Coffee and a hash brown bagged meal.  Not too shabby actually.

I usually get antsy after a bit.. But my wife wanted to stay there,  And I wasn't in a hurry to move on either.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless it's to the hospital, those suck.

But that looks like an excellent unplanned trip, Op
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless it's to the hospital, those suck.

But that looks like an excellent unplanned trip, Op
View Quote

Done one of those in the van too.

Followed my wifes ambulance to a special care hospital a couple hours from home.  It did suck.. But the nurses there knew I was staying in my van and prepped a room with a shower for me to use.  They would occasionally bring me out coffee.  

My wife calling me in the wee hours of the night and the morning while drugged up kept things lively.  She would call,  and I would get dressed and go up to her room to find her passed back out.  LOL
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If there was a "like" button I wouldn't have to type all this out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.

Still a bit cool in ND in the evenings?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice.

Still a bit cool in ND in the evenings?
View Quote

Not bad this time of the year.  

It was around 60 or 62 over night.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I definitely agree about the unplanned part.

Planning gives rise to expectations - and expectations are fertile ground for disappointment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
A little walk through on the van.  

2006 Chevy express van camper
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Really Cool OP.   I have been thinking of getting a Ranger and cap and making a similar set up.  I don't think the wife unit would join me, maybe the dog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top