Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 1:27:51 PM EDT
Kudos to anyone planning ahead. Articles like this remind me how fortunate I/ we are to live where we do and with the options that we have that many in the world do not.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2022/apr/22/everyone-one-should-prep-the-britons-stocking-up-for-hard-times

Everyone should prep’: the Britons stocking up for hard times
Whether it be Covid, Brexit, the climate crisis or war in Ukraine, some are determined to be ready in case of the wors

Linda Geddes Science correspondent
Fri 22 Apr 2022

Even before the pandemic, some people were stocking up on essential items such as food and toilet roll, in anticipation of supply chain disruptions wrought by Brexit or a fundamental civilisational collapse.
Some stockpiled candles, matches and logs, and bought a wind-up radio for keeping in touch with the news. Others installed freezers and shelving in outbuildings in which to store food, and shifted a proportion of their savings into overseas accounts.

So, how did these “preppers” fare once Covid-19 hit the UK, and are they still stockpiling items today? We asked some to offer a glimpse inside their larder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not me, i stock up on guns so i can take the preppers food
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I felt sorry for the guy who had "a Bear Grylls knife." Sad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I felt sorry for the guy who had "a Bear Grylls knife." Sad.
View Quote

I thought assault knives were banned in GB years (decades) ago.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another Apex predator.  lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top