Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2019 8:14:38 AM EDT
My state went to synthetic only for scents this season.  Has anyone found a brand that was effective?  I got the top rated one off Amazon last week but that was a stop gap until I learned more.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
i put out three drippers with Tinks scrape starter.  Trail cams on all.  About a week ago.  I will check cams this weekend.  These bottles were very mild.  Not nearly as pungent.  The cams will tell the tale.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have tried it a few times but have not had any bucks come to it.  In the past I used Code Blue to great success.  I have put in my boots and have had bucks literally follow my trail to my stand.

I got the top rated product from off amazon because nothing was available locally and will be using it the rest of the season.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I just make mock scrapes and piss in them and the deer start to use them very quickly. Always found the scents to be ridiculously expensive for how little you get
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just make mock scrapes and piss in them and the deer start to use them very quickly. Always found the scents to be ridiculously expensive for how little you get
View Quote
I use gels instead of liquids.  Seems to give of a lot more smell by volume than liquids, lasts longer, doesn't freeze, and doesn't wash off as easy when it rains.  I had a nice buck come in to an empty jar of code blue estrus gel last year.  Ran out and couldn't find more in stock so I just kept taking the empty jar out with a little residue left at the bottom and setting it in my shooting lane.

Guys get really caught up in what smells the most realistic but in my experience as long as it smells somewhat fresh it all comes down to having the right buck in the area at the right time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top