Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2020 3:54:47 PM EDT
I’m looking at a new autoloader for bird hunting and skeet shooting. I’m leaning towards a gas operated gun versus inertia driven. I like the Winchester sx4 and the Browning silver due to price. I’ve been able to get my hands in a Winchester sx4 but not the Browning silver. I’m just wondering how the 2 compare and what would give 1 an edge over the other from someone that has handled both.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I'd go with a new old stock or slightly used SX3 over the SX4.  Less plastic and MIM parts.  
Can't speak to the silver, but both the SX and gold/silver lines have been around a long time and solid options either way.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the SX4 and my old man has the Browning.

They both fire when you pull the trigger but for me, the SX4 fits me much better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Why gas instead of inertia?

Comfortech Benellis shoot soft in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Browning Maxus
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an SX4 and have been pretty happy with it other than losing a charging handle. Common problem that is now fixed. It's a nice light shotgun for what it is. Only had 1 or 2 malfunctions and that was with 1 oz loads. I'd recommend it. I cannot comment on the Browning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top