BCM
User Panel

Survival Forum Deals (Page 15 of 22)
Page / 22
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chumly2071:

There are a couple other Mora knives on there on clearance as well.

Also UCO Hurricane Match Kit - 25 Matches $4.99

Includes waterproof case and extra striker panels.
View Quote

I think I have some empty vodka bottles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MHIDPA:

View Quote

Mason jars man....Mason jars.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

gotta complete the set.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SamB:
Mora knives for $5. Can never have enough of these.

Sierra.com

Do you guys prefer the high carbon or stainless blades?

My primary use for these knives would be small game processing, deer processing and chicken butchering.

What would you choose?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Oordered 5 knives and a couple matches. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Topper1:

My primary use for these knives would be small game processing, deer processing and chicken butchering.

What would you choose?
View Quote

I prefer high carbon. Naturally, they require more care.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]

What would you choose?
View Quote

"whatever happens, never forget to wipe your sword."-Aslan

Carbon Steel, as long as you clean it when you are done.  It will be ridiculously sharp when you get it and easy to keep an edge.  It will develop a patina, or you can force patina it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Carbon Steel, as long as you clean it when you are done.  It will be ridiculously sharp when you get it and easy to keep an edge.  It will develop a patina, or you can force patina it.
View All Quotes

What would you choose?

Sure I'll clean them when finished but you know how those projects go. Cleanup is the last thing and could be after several hours of use.

So the carbon option is the better steel choice I guess, but it's going to look ugly in short time?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#9]

Sure I'll clean them when finished but you know how those projects go. Cleanup is the last thing and could be after several hours of use.

So the carbon option is the better steel choice I guess, but it's going to look ugly in short time?
View Quote

No man....it isn't instant.  Just don't forget about it.   If I put one up in a humid environment for a long period, I'll put a very light coat of oil. I then just clean it prior to processing game.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By D6T:
The masks above were sold at a chain of surplus stores called Army Barracks in Massachusetts in the mid-90s.

The most offlputting feature, which isn’t obvious from the photos, was that the neck closure was nothing but a flimsy band of absorbent fabric, not unlike the cuff of a cheap bathrobe. I don’t see how it’s possible that could maintain a seal.
View Quote

yea they show a photo of it
Attachment Attached File

I bought two since they were cheap. I also have the ones that our brave government officials have (a member was selling here some time ago)
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Thanks for the info. Plan on getting a few for use around the house and some Christmas presents.

Have been busy for a couple hours.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dayphotog:

yea they show a photo of it
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65995/Evac-Mask-06_4027eed8-facc-4033-9eb0-dc2-2476111.JPG

I bought two since they were cheap. I also have the ones that our brave government officials have (a member was selling here some time ago)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65995/gas-mask_custom-f97fd3c4c750129d385529f9-2476115.JPG
View Quote

They were S.S issued masks he was selling in the yellow cases.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Lightning Deal: Portable AC unit on sale $288 and there is a $120 off coupon

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:
Lightning Deal: Portable AC unit on sale $288 and there is a $120 off coupon

www.amazon.com/dp/B09TDMFV74
View Quote
What the hell is going on with that guys hair in the fourth picture down?!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Costco has 24 pack of O meals (regular not high protein) $30.00 off . Total non member price for me was $130.68/ 5.45 a meal. These meals are great tasting but not real big servings & not a lot of calories but great for a good, hot lunch especially while hunting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Coupons on the Jackery website and Amazon on the 1000 and 1500  I got the 1000 with $150 off and free shipping off Amazon
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a full size stand up Blackstone.  Love it.  Been wanting to get the 22in version that runs of the 1lb propane bottles for camping.  Was at Sam's Club today and came across their Member's Mark version.  22 inch, $49.91.  On their website, it's listed for $67 so it must be an in-store deal.  Guy said they went through a whole pallet in one day, so if you are in the market, get there quick.  For $50, even if it isn't the quality of the Blackstone, it's not a big investment.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ljh824:
I have a full size stand up Blackstone.  Love it.  Been wanting to get the 22in version that runs of the 1lb propane bottles for camping.  Was at Sam's Club today and came across their Member's Mark version.  22 inch, $49.91.  On their website, it's listed for $67 so it must be an in-store deal.  Guy said they went through a whole pallet in one day, so if you are in the market, get there quick.  For $50, even if it isn't the quality of the Blackstone, it's not a big investment.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166491/grill_jpg-2498003.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166491/grill_receipt_jpg-2498004.JPG
View Quote

HOLY COW!     And I don't have a Sam's membership...
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:34:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Maxpedition has their legacy series line on sale, buy 1 get 1 free.  Sale ends 08/30/22.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/legacy

Link Posted: 8/27/2022 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By atomicfacepalm:
Woot has Snugpack Jungle Blanket XL for $39.99.

https://sport.woot.com/offers/jungle-blanket-90-x-72-xl-olive-1?ref=w_cnt_wp_3_14
View Quote

$37.65 at Midway USA.

Promo code OFFER66666 gets free shipping on orders over $49.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#26]
Originally Posted By KillyMcGee:
169$ camp chef outdoor oven
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013LLSZG?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

Tempted....its a cool little unit, but I need more outdoor cooking stuff like I need a another hole in my head!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Emergency Essentials is having a decent sale on some of their #10 cans.  For instance, Sweet Potatoes are $10 off per can.  I picked up some veggies and mashed potatoes yesterday.

https://beprepared.com/collections/double-and-triple-play-collection/products/freeze-dried-sweet-potato-dices-with-peel-large-can
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Nitro-Pak sale is going on.

We have been notified that Mountain House is increasing its prices due to the raising cost of food across the board, this is the biggest price we have seen in the last 35 years of business. Price increase up to 14%.

https://nitro-pak.com/
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ljh824:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166491/grill_jpg-2498003.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166491/grill_receipt_jpg-2498004.JPG
View Quote

Anything you see at Sams that ends in a "1" is a write down. Once they begin writing a product down they will continue on a calendar schedule until they are sold out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Can you please help me with a sportsman guide coupon number?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:57:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#33]
Originally Posted By nmichlig:
Can you please help me with a sportsman guide coupon number?
View Quote

Warrior Poet runs them often near the start of their YouTube videos. Usually something like “WarPoet” or similar. Everyone is sleeping here or I’d watch a few. Good guy and content.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Was in Walmart this am and saw these for $25.  Looks like they are $44 or so on Amazon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 6:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris_in_TX] [#35]
I saw some 25 lb buckets of Augason white and brown rice on clearance for $35.  Not a bad deal if you wanted to bulk up your carbs.  

There was also some ReadyWise dehydrated teriyaki rice mix.  $20 for 20 servings.  Comes in a box with 5 4-serving pouches.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#36]

I bought one and used it to cook some burgers as a trial run.   Line every damned thing in this grill with foil.  It is a pain in the ass to clean.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Humanitarian Daily Ration meals, or HDR's, are making the rounds from various sellers again.  I bought a case from these guys on Ebay last time they had them.  They shipped quick.  $44.50 shipped per case of 10 pouches, each of which contain a full days' ration of approx 2,200 calories).

ozarkoutdoorz on Ebay

Yes, they are all vegetarian meals.  No they don't contain heaters.  Here's the contents of the accessory packs:   Accessory Pack Contents:
Red Pepper, Pepper, Salt, Sugar, Spoon, Matches (unprinted) & Towelette (alcohol-free), Napkin.

More info on them, the various menu contents, etc
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 1:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#38]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
Humanitarian Daily Ration meals, or HDR's, are making the rounds from various sellers again.  I bought a case from these guys on Ebay last time they had them.  They shipped quick.  $44.50 shipped per case of 10 pouches, each of which contain a full days' ration of approx 2,200 calories).

ozarkoutdoorz on Ebay

Yes, they are all vegetarian meals.  No they don't contain heaters.  Here's the contents of the accessory packs:   Accessory Pack Contents:
Red Pepper, Pepper, Salt, Sugar, Spoon, Matches (unprinted) & Towelette (alcohol-free), Napkin.

View Quote

Just a heads up on the HDR, they are all the same menu, no variety.

I have 10 cases set back to give away to needy friends/neighbors if things go to shit. The meals are edible (I tried one), but I have real MREs for my family.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

I have 10 cases set back to give away to needy friends/neighbors if things go to shit. The meals are edible (I tried one), but I have real MREs for my family.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

ozarkoutdoorz on Ebay

Good plan - Ii like it
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#40]
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:

Good plan - Ii like it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:

Good plan - Ii like it

Must be one of his neighbors.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

How long can you keep them fed?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#42]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trails-end:

Long enough to pack up my real shit and leave if I'm handing out HDRs.

For a stay in place situation we want to look like we're starving too.

There are other uses for stuff like this if times get really bad. They'd make for good barter if nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Lowe's has Scepter 5 Gallon Water cans on sale for $27.48.

I posted about this in the Florida Hometown forum here.  They are available in SELECT stores.  If they're not available in your local store you need to check the neighboring towns.  While checking for Florida locations, stores in Georgia and Alabama showed as having stock.  I can't speak for the rest of the country.  These are selling for $50 plus shipping online. Just a heads-up.

Attachment Attached File

Sand

Green
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Water Can - 5 Gallon - Desert Tan  $29.99

Free shipping on $50 order at LCI.

Select Lowe's also have these lesser quality jugs for $11.48.
Scepter 5-Gallon Plastic Water Jug  $11.48

Those are still good enough for most things. I remember refilling and loading a couple of those many many times back in the 80s when our drinking water was bad, so we filled from family the next town over.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By kbailey3:

I posted about this in the Florida Hometown forum here.  They are available in SELECT stores.  If they're not available in your local store you need to check the neighboring towns.  While checking for Florida locations, stores in Georgia and Alabama showed as having stock.  I can't speak for the rest of the country.  These are selling for $50 plus shipping online. Just a heads-up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106977/Scepter_Can_jpg-2566920.JPG

Sand

Green
View Quote

My Lowes had about 30 of each for $27 price. I bought 3 od and 1 tan. May go back and buy a few more. BTW, my store still had them priced at regular price. I scanned them with my Lowes app and they rang up for the $27.48 price.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kbailey3] [#46]
Originally Posted By cmburns33:

View Quote

Thank you for the link.  That's the cheapest price I've seen online.  Everywhere else I looked had them for $50 plus shipping.  That's why I thought the Lowe's price was a deal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Thank you for the link.  That's the cheapest price I've seen online.  Everywhere else I looked had them for $50 plus shipping.  That's why I thought the Lowe's price was a deal.
View Quote

Look at LCI industries last I priced them they were 25 each $100 order would get free shipping
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106977/Scepter_Can_jpg-2566920.JPG

Sand

Green
View Quote

Grabbed 2 tan!  thanks!  

Also...

This can be fitted to the top of the cans.

and 3D Print this
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jvm:

Look at LCI industries last I priced them they were 25 each $100 order would get free shipping
View Quote

Damn this place. I already owned 5, but ordered 5 more anyway.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cmburns33:

Select Lowe's also have these lesser quality jugs for $11.48.
Scepter 5-Gallon Plastic Water Jug  $11.48

Those are still good enough for most things. I remember refilling and loading a couple of those many many times back in the 80s when our drinking water was bad, so we filled from family the next town over.
View Quote

Bought about a dozen from LCI a few years ago when they were a bit cheaper.  Price is still good.   They are legit and I use all of them regularly with no issues.
Page / 22
Survival Forum Deals (Page 15 of 22)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top