Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2020 8:32:33 PM EDT
Any recommendations for warmer weather rain pants/jacket? Would primarily be used for fishing, golf, hiking. Budget is up to $100 for the pants. Would ideally be worn over shorts or light pants in cooler weather. A belt would be nice
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Froggtoggs

I have these for Spring turkey season.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Froggtoggs as long as you arent doing any brush busting on your hikes
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll check out the frogg toggs. They dont seem like they will hold up to much wear. Looks like they have some higher end versions as well. Are they loud? They seem very stiff and paper like.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll check out the frogg toggs. They dont seem like they will hold up to much wear. Looks like they have some higher end versions as well. Are they loud? They seem very stiff and paper like.
View Quote

The lower cost ones are sort of paper like when new however they do a great job of keeping the rain off of you.

If you want something more comfortable over shorts I would recomend one of the lighter Gore-Tex versions.
I have the previous version of this series (jacket and pants)
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/guidewear-rainy-river-parka-with-gore-tex-paclite-for-men

It has kept me dry and comfortable in over numerous days of fishing in the rain.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The lower cost ones are sort of paper like when new however they do a great job of keeping the rain off of you.

If you want something more comfortable over shorts I would recomend one of the lighter Gore-Tex versions.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/guidewear-rainy-river-parka-with-gore-tex-paclite-for-men

It has kept me dry and comfortable in over numerous days of fishing in the rain.
View Quote

Those check alot of boxes. Gortex, belt loops, light weight, pockets, ankle zips. Thankss
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a pair of Outdoor Research Helium pants ($119) on sale for $37. So far they're decent. I wouldn't bush wack in them, though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
EMS Thunderhead. No belt, they have a drawstring, one hip pocket, and full-length side zips for ease of putting on and ventilation. I like my older model better than my Outdoor Research Foray GTX, except for the Velcro-only waist adjustments. They're lighter and cooler than the OR even fully-zipped.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Frogg toggs suck ass in any kind of brush. And by that I mean any outdoor environment that bushier than a golf course. That material is magnetized to underbrush, it’s like wearing a Velcro suit in a a cocklebur patch.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently bought KUIU pants for about $150 on sale.  They're very light and comfortable, and stood up to almost hurricane rain for an hour or so (the only test I've really been able to put them through).  Can't speak to durability, haven't given them any hard use, but they seem like they'd be okay.  Designed for hunting.

I ordered the "higher" level of frogg toggs also, sent them back.  Stiff, thick, loud, not breathable, only 1/4 leg zip makes them very hard to get on over shoes.  Frogg Toggs really just seem like tarps cut into pants/jacket shape.  Only redeeming feature IMO is cheap.  Maybe good for an extra set for emergencies.  

Interested in that cabelas link, but my browser condoms block the direct link and just trying to go to cabelas.com gives me "access denied".  
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got a pair of these on the way. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top