Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2019 8:14:17 PM EDT
Grabbed a bottle of citronella Tiki torch oil off the shelf and bumped up against a Katrina era plastic bottle of Kerosene.  Bottle started to leak instantly!  Now I'm cleaning up a mess.
It's amazing how time flies.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Which bottle started leaking ? Ive got 2 plastic bottles of kerosene on my shelf, maybe i need to transfer to something else.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The leaker was a 1 gallon jug of Kleen Strip k1 kerosine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep I saw it happen once so all my lamp oil goes in blue 1 gal diesel cans
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Gear to if where it's stored is in sunlight and hot. My brother was storing gear in a shed, got moldy.   I try to pay a lot of attention to my gear and basically inventory now and again.
Keeps me up on how things are doing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The small surplus fuel cans are what I used for some of this sort of stuff.  Still probably got some lamp oil plastic bottles someplace.  I have been working on clutter the last year and metal and glass have proven worth it for most storage of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top