Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2020 5:18:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pep9]
hello everyone , got a really nice gift.

new St Croix Legend tournament 6'8" spinning rod , need to pair this with a good reel , nicest spinner I can find under $175. It'll be just another freshwater hobby rod , don't target specific fish just like to get out there & have fun & fish when we go camping , traveling here in IL & MI / IN waters. I got a few of these spinning rods paired w/ older revo s & sx 10 & 20 size reels but wanted something alittle bigger that can hold a nice hunk of 12-14lb braid which is the line I prefer.

was looking at trading some gun gear for another Daiwa , maybe a Tatula 2500 / 3000 / maybe 4000 size or a revo inshore in the 40 size , Stardic FL 2500 / 3000 whatcha think & what would you guys recommend I pair with my new rod

any info appreciated ,

Thanks , Pep

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Lews reels...I have quite a few different ones and I prefer the Lews Custom Pro Speed. I think its the 190/12 version for line
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hadn’t looked at lews reels , looks actually really promising in a 3000 size & actually cheaper than options I listed

Thanks for the recommendation
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:47:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#3]
Both of mine are in the 4000 size but the 3000 is excellent too
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag as I need about the same...
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought 3 spinning reals last year, An ABU black max, a one 3 creed, and an Okuma.
They are all pretty nice, but I think the Okuma is the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to sound like a Shimano slappy, but my favorite reels are Shimano. My old Quantum Response rod got broken and I’m debating using it as an excuse to replace the reel too. I have a Sahara 750 for my ultralight, so I’m leaning towards the Sahara 3000. The Nasci is the same reel with some gaskets for saltwater. I’d have to play with the Sahara vs the Stradic to see if the difference of 1 bearing is noticeable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Narrowed it down to stradicFL or Lew’s custom , some price difference but I think either will work well with my legend rod. I’m gonna put a feeler out there to maybe , hopefully swap my gear for either one of those reels

Thanks everyone , happy fishing to you’all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
Not to sound like a Shimano slappy, but my favorite reels are Shimano. My old Quantum Response rod got broken and I’m debating using it as an excuse to replace the reel too. I have a Sahara 750 for my ultralight, so I’m leaning towards the Sahara 3000. The Nasci is the same reel with some gaskets for saltwater. I’d have to play with the Sahara vs the Stradic to see if the difference of 1 bearing is noticeable.
View Quote

I have two Nasci reels...a 2500 and a 3000....I prefer the Lews....The Nasci are ok...I just prefer the Lews
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Diawa Ballistic
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Stradic fl 2500

Went and ordered the carbontex drag washers, worm gear bearing, spool shaft bearing. Added a gomexus power knob, gomexus kick stand.

I also have the stradic fl 1000 with the same mods.
Stradic is a good choice.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
^^^
f
Great advice here.  Stradic FL or ci4. I have a cheaper lews (100ish) that i do like for the price however though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ed51:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/496651/24A72215-DC74-466D-BB2E-ECD43B4E3BBE_jpe-1534976.JPG

Stradic fl 2500

Went and ordered the carbontex drag washers, worm gear bearing, spool shaft bearing. Added a gomexus power knob, gomexus kick stand.

I also have the stradic fl 1000 with the same mods.
Stradic is a good choice.
View Quote

Awesome reel but isn't that quite a bit more than $175?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#13]
You can find them on sale.  Couple on ebay for $160 atm. I grabbbed one on Amazon for 160ish. Fathers day sale at bass pro.  Heard they were clearing out the ci4 for a new upcoming model.  Drove over and the lady said there was a line waiting.  By the time i walked in about 11 they only had the 1000 left. For 140 i grabbed one.  Should of ordered online.

If your a patient and look around you can find some deals.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice reel ,

I’m already looking for one , either one will do. I put a WTT ad for a reel here also just Incase.

Gonna hit a couple places over The Weekend to see if I find something on sale. I really appreciate everyone’s info & suggestions. The Older setups have served me well & will stay in the line up for lotsa fishing trips to come.

New rod , new different reel , new toys for the Water.

Thanks again , Pep
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProjectMayhem] [#15]
Tagged for interest.

@pep9, how’d you make out?

I’m jonesing for a St. Croix Walleye Tournament rod, but I’m in a bit of sticker shock at the $250 price tag. I’m looking at getting one for panfish, bass and cat fishing.

I have an Abu Black Maxx on an Ugly Stick rod that I’ve had good luck with in the past. I’m really focused on getting US made and non-CCP gear at the moment, however,
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:38:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pep9] [#16]
update , wasted some cash but oh well.

picked up a couple of lLegend Tournament bass fishing rods , all spinning setups. I'm do dumb to use baitcasters & have always liked spinning & feel comfortable with them.

just midwest rivers & lakes when we go to MI/WI/IN or here in IL , not targeting specific fish just out there having a good time.

6-8" - 6-10"  medium fast , medium/heavy fast,  rmedxlite fast , actions.

paired them with Shimano stradic FL's in 1000 & 2500 & with Shimano vanford in 1000 & 2500 , using the same suffix braid I've used for awhile now between 8lb all the way up to 15lb I believe. suffix has always held up & worked really well with using the Palomar knot almost exclusively.

good luck on the water , thx everyone for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top