Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2020 4:45:33 AM EDT
So they bought me bushnell equinox night vision monocular for Christmas expecting my to snap my fingers and make the problem go away.

What would be the easiest setup to build around this?
Not saying I’m not actually exited haha
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest. Setting up a couple of snares on their paths would be a start. Using a call to try and call them in, they would probably be most interested in a puppy distress call. Bring some road kill into a field and watch it overnight.

The closest I got to yote success was a hunt I did with my son a few years ago. I drove up to little farm in central FL that a fellow ARFCOMMER owns. My son and I were going to setup and watch his field, him and a neighbor lost a couple of sheep I guess. So my son and I walked down to the edge of his filed and as we reached are spot just after dark, I hit the field with alight and I saw 2 yotes traveling along the fence on the other side. Could not unsling and load the file fast enough before the trotted up into the trees.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Distress calls, bait, and patience.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#3]
How well does the monocular work? Need IR illumination?

If it is not rifle mounted then just use it to spot the yotes then use a weapons mounted light on your rifle for the shoot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So they bought me bushnell equinox night vision monocular for Christmas expecting my to snap my fingers and make the problem go away.

What would be the easiest setup to build around this?
Not saying I’m not actually exited haha
View Quote
What's the magnification on the monocular?

Minimum base set-up for successful 'yote culling:  5.56 AR with an 18" White Oak SPR barrel, run suppressed, along with a Geiselle SSA-E trigger unit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
A nice fresh deer gut pile really brings them in around here (mid Michigan).
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never used night vision to hunt coyote but I've done a ton of coyote hunting.  I use various distress calls.  This time of the year coyote vocals (challenge, or lone female) works.  Spring time pup in distress works well.  Jack Rabbit or cotton tail are the most common calls and they work well.  Start out with your volume low incase you have a yote near by. After 5 mins or so increase the volume.   If you have a decoy that will help as well.  I like to stay on stand for at least 30 mins.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up with the 3x and 6x equinox gen 1 monoculars and one of the weapon mounts from the outlet store.  I had the 6x first and was impressed with the distance the built in illumination went. Full illumination out to 250yards (max I've tested) but thought the magnification was a bit high for weapon mount in front of a scope. Caught the 3x instock on the next trip and the illumination isn't near as capable.  

I'm trying to mount infront of a lpvo.  Seems like you need exact alignment or itll have to be sighted in for it.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top