Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2023 5:58:51 PM EDT
I've been at this a long time,can anyone recomend Snake Boots that wont leak?I' sick of soggy feet.

I"ve owned Rocky,LaCross,Guide gear etc over the years and they all leak! I walked 3+ miles today in grass and woods turkey hunting with a heavy dew and feet were soaked in my Lacross boots.No creek wading or such.

My Rocky's held up the best (20yrs ago) , but grandson has a year old pair that leak like hell, my current LaCross are 3 seasons old.

Any recomendations appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You need rubber boots if you’re walking through tall wet grass.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Rubber boots with snake gaiters.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are not in deep water, the LL Bean type Maine Boot has always worked well for me.  The pair I bought in 1995 still serve me well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Danner

4th year in same pair.    

Use for archery deer and turkey season.  

Been in water mid calf deep and stayed dry.  

Still stayed dry this season.   On top of that they are the most comfortable boots I own.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Danner

4th year in same pair.    

Use for archery deer and turkey season.  

Been in water mid calf deep and stayed dry.  

Still stayed dry this season.   On top of that they are the most comfortable boots I own.  

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81KSe-lIPLL._AC_UY1000_.jpg
View Quote

THIS^^^   I'm a big fan Danner USA Made boots. Sign up for there email promotion and sales.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure you aren’t just wet from sweating?

Rubber can be snake resistant?

I don’t know shit about snake boots and thankfully have no need for them.

ETA: to OP, I do wonder how much really is sweat. It’s already hot up here, and from my experience this time of year in NW TN, it would be miserable down there.

Does anyone make a synthetic that is snake resistant? Just wondering.

Not to change the subject, but let’s talk soles? I’ve been appreciating my Danner RAT-jungle-steeltoe. The breathability is amazing. Normally a backup boot to 6” classic redwings (no lining). Can’t get soles for a pair (of two) for another 2 months yet, so I’ve been subbing in the Danners. It’s about 105* ambient in my current work area, inside a huge drum on it’s side. The flexible RW gel and the Vibram that Danner used both work well. Decent traction on curved bare metal. The RW solid rubber on a pair (mistake, not waiting for the gel), have better traction but are already cracking at the ball of the foot. They’re about 3 months worn.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had my Chippewa boots for years with dry feet. Not cheap but work if you take care of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Op you get snake bit?

Just picked up a new pair of the Danner’s for 260 delivered.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I never got why all knee boots aren’t snake boots. Can snakes strike through neoprene?

If not I’m on 4 seasons with my Bogs and they’re awesome. They’ve replaced all my winter hunting boots and are plenty waterproof (I fish in them too and stand in water for an hour). I can walk 10 miles in them though I prefer my Schnees if I’m really walking.

They have incredibly comfortable soles, much better than any knee boot I’ve ever worn.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Dryshod defenders. It’s what I run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top