Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2022 9:47:35 AM EDT
I see a lot of videos where they have all their gear in their packs organized into smaller zippered pouches. Where is a good source for these?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I've bought several of these. Use them for all kinds of stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002YVBC0
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:03:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jerry_smith] [#2]
soe gear...... Nothing on the planet is made better.

Unsure what size you want...... Look under "bags, packs, cases"
They make a bunch of options.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If you need some sort of padding to protect the items, or protect stuff in the pack from whatever you've put into these pockets, the heavier materials in the above links might work better.

But, a Dyneema material should be on your radar if weight / water resistance / water retention might be issues.  I say water retention, because silnylon products will be very water resistant, if not waterproof, but while they do keep the water out, the outer part of the fabric itself will retain water.  A Dyneema fabric won't retain the water, and as such are much easier to dry, and in turn, keeps other stuff in the pack drier.

[note the water resistant zippers on these pouches - that type of zipper is more expensive than a conventional zipper, but it's a good indication of the weather resistance of the pouch]
https://zpacks.com/collections/zip-pouches

Silnylon is great because you can get stuff at a lower price point.  And it keeps stuff inside way, way drier than conventional PU coated nylons, but in the end, you can be left dealing with a bunch of soggy bags and pouches coming in and out of the pack.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gman82001] [#6]
Just had my wife sew me a few up this week out of 500d cordura. She's doing pretty good I think  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By L_JE:
If you need some sort of padding to protect the items, or protect stuff in the pack from whatever you've put into these pockets, the heavier materials in the above links might work better.

But, a Dyneema material should be on your radar if weight / water resistance / water retention might be issues.  I say water retention, because silnylon products will be very water resistant, if not waterproof, but while they do keep the water out, the outer part of the fabric itself will retain water.  A Dyneema fabric won't retain the water, and as such are much easier to dry, and in turn, keeps other stuff in the pack drier.

[note the water resistant zippers on these pouches - that type of zipper is more expensive than a conventional zipper, but it's a good indication of the weather resistance of the pouch]
https://zpacks.com/collections/zip-pouches

Silnylon is great because you can get stuff at a lower price point.  And it keeps stuff inside way, way drier than conventional PU coated nylons, but in the end, you can be left dealing with a bunch of soggy bags and pouches coming in and out of the pack.
View Quote

Most of my small organizational pouches are from her as well:

Dyneema Fabric storage pouches

They hold up well and are extremely light and well made.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
This isn't a zipper solution, but for smalls, I simply cut the button flap pocket out of my old worn out flannel shirts.  It makes a nicely padded flap button pouch and it doesn't cost anything at all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Eagle creek is what I use. Also use their larger bags for business traveling. Have probably 15 different sized bags going on 6 years without any issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a DCF zipper bags from Etsy to organize my first aid and toiletry bag, and another for electronics.  Everything else besides my food bag, also DCF, gets shoved in a pack liner in the bottom of my pack.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ll add the two I’ve used

Magpul DAKA

G code Sync pouches (These are stackable!)
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#12]
For actual backpacking use or just to have for camping?  If you're going to carry your pack look at the lightweight bags made by companies like Eagle Creek and Sea to Summit; the poor's version (and what we used in Boy Scouts and I still use for a lot of things) is Ziplocs.  Keep the weight down, move faster.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#13]
These are fantastic, strong canvas smell and all hand sewn by Americans.
https://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/identification-id-tool-pouch-large

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
I see a lot of videos where they have all their gear in their packs organized into smaller zippered pouches. Where is a good source for these?
View Quote

Klein zippered bags

Here is what i use
@Harv24
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Not the lightest but a funny advertisement.

The Magpul DAKA Pouch -What you do with them is your business
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighLighter] [#16]
Ziplock bags. Water resistant and cheap. Light too. See through.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Ziploc freezers bags for me. Cheap, waterproof, easily replaced and being able to see the contents is why.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the Kifaru UL pull outs These.  Their heavier ones are pretty bombproof too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top