Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2021 10:40:46 PM EDT
Nothing much for reference unfortunately.  I know nothing about bear hunting.  We just bought some new land and threw some bait out just to see what's in the area.  Got a picture of this guy(gal?) stealing it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Six foot two, eyes of blue, sweet Georgia Bruin.
Nice rug it will make!
😯😃
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Adult deer for reference.  WI deer, not TX

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice bear.  I would guess 350-450lbs.  Killed some here in Eastern NC over 700lbs.  Big enough to eat a bullet and put on the smoker or fryer....
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelscreamer:
Nice bear.  I would guess 350-450lbs.  Killed some here in Eastern NC over 700lbs.  Big enough to eat a bullet and put on the smoker or fryer....
View Quote

Thanks.  I figured it was a decent bear but compared to that deer it didn't appear to be a monster.

I have enough points to hunt anywhere in the state and just bought land in a county where you can pull a bear tag every other year, sometimes every single year.

Now I can choose to either cash in all those points to hunt here or get my ass in gear on a guided hunt in the northern part of the state so I can start bear hunting down here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Field judge by the ears. Bad angle for the camera but big ears is a small bear. Ears look small on the head, you have a shooter. More to it but with no experience then follow that and you won’t be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks decent. Has small ears, good belly, and isn't lanky looking.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it’s a 6’ boar. Total body composition and weight distribution makes me thinks it’s at least 6’. Age and feed could make it bigger. That’s a mature boar, though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#8]
430#
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Big enough to shoot in my book, that's the only measure I'm qualified to make.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Macker13:
Big enough to shoot in my book, that's the only measure I'm qualified to make.
View Quote

All day, every day here.  I haven't been black bear hunting yet but next year we'll likely try and draw tags now that we have the land.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
325-375lbs im guessing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I had one about that big trying to open the gate to my deck one night

he was about 350
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
why haven't you shot that thing yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Didn't put in for a bear tag this year.  I have enough points to get a tag anywhere in the state.  Where we live you can damn near get a tag every year.  Not sure if I want to burn all my 11 points for a tag only to hunt someplace I could get a tag every year or two at.

Looking at my options for hunts up where the big guys are at but after seeing this guy hanging around our property, not sure it's worth all the fuss.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Towely:

Didn't put in for a bear tag this year.  I have enough points to get a tag anywhere in the state.  Where we live you can damn near get a tag every year.  Not sure if I want to burn all my 11 points for a tag only to hunt someplace I could get a tag every year or two at.

Looking at my options for hunts up where the big guys are at but after seeing this guy hanging around our property, not sure it's worth all the fuss.
View All Quotes

@Towely

Did you ever end up hunting that bear?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@Towely

View All Quotes

@Towely

No, sadly it wasn't in the cards to run bait out there often enough to burn my bear points up having a go at it.

And now the cards have been re-dealt and we are selling the land.

Sucks but it is what it is.  We have a decent bear population behind our house, ten acres of land the house sits on, and thousands of acres of public land it connects to so it doesn't throw bear hunting out the window but my god, there are some monsters out on that land...
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]

No, sadly it wasn't in the cards to run bait out there often enough to burn my bear points up having a go at it.

Sucks but it is what it is.  We have a decent bear population behind our house, ten acres of land the house sits on, and thousands of acres of public land it connects to so it doesn't throw bear hunting out the window but my god, there are some monsters out on that land...
View All Quotes

@Towely

Sorry to hear that @Towely

I live on 1.26 acres so no baiting for bear or deer for me.

But there is massive private land close by in permanent conservation where I hunt deer so I haven’t needed to definitely get my own land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top