Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2018 8:56:48 PM EDT
Can you have more than one shotgun with you when you are duck hunting,  in the boat or blind, ready to use?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it all the time,  as long as you have 3 round limit per gun.
12 3" #3 for ducks and 10 with BBB for geese.
Have been checked by wardens and never heard otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's fine in Texas, you might want to check with someone in your state.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen regulations that limit the number of firearms you can posses when it comes to migratory birds.  Only plug limit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
SD, ND, MN...no law regarding number of guns carried for migratory waterfowl.  No idea on your state.  There is no federal law, so it would be up to each state.  I know plenty of guys that shoot ducks with 20's and have a 10 loaded with BB for geese.  Also know others that run 2 guns in the blind when snow goose hunting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Possession of more than one gun per member of the hunting party is prohibited in Michigan
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Afaik in Ohio you can only have one hunting implement in your possession at a given time, and you cannot carry a hunting implement concealed (you can ccw while hunting though).

I've seen a few pairs small game hunting where one has a shotgun and the other has a rimfire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top