Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2020 8:34:26 AM EDT
Managed to get a hall pass from the wife... set up just after dark over a freshly cut hay field. After a series of calls and no coyote, this big ass nasty boar came by. I believe I saw him earlier at about 250 yards but passed on the shot as it was early. This time he was about 125 yards so I figured why not. Got a set of cutters on him as well. Might try to upload the video later.

I actually collected my callers and was packed up ready to move when I took the above pics of the hog. But on the way back to the truck I decided to set the callers back out and just stay where I was for another hour before packing it in for the night. Figured I just see what happened.

About 30 minutes later I spotted this coyote sitting at the edge of the field about 200 yards away... she totally ignored the caller. She went behind a dirt pile and came out flanking me at about 150 or so yards. A couple whistles and she stopped... her mistake.

All in all for a short night out it was a success. Weather was nice and cool with a mild wind. Skeeters were minimal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top