Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2019 10:03:20 PM EDT
This month's run is a variation of the 13 Colonies event.
Details here
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I might make it a Speed-X weekend.  The EF Johnson Speed-X bug, and the Nye Viking Speed-X straight key.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of IARU stations, but not hearing any SKCC stations.

I called CQ for a while, and no one answered.  So I checked the reverse beacon, and I wasn't spotted anywhere.  That seemed strange, so I check my power setting, and it was on 10 watts. . Not sure how that happened, but I cranked it up to 100w, and tried again.  Still no takers, and only three stations on the reverse beacon had me spotted.  And with a very weak signal.  I'll try again a little later this afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I could almost hear you good enough to give you a call, Frank, but every time I'd catch you calling CQ, your signal would fade to nothing.  Today was better than yesterday, but almost everyone was weak. I'm ready for the solar cycle to start an upswing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The QSB was bad on both 40 and 20.

I was only on for about an hour and a half and managed 22 stations, 6 of which were Colonies.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, QSB was bad all weekend.  I didn't even try 40m, since it is  not my best band.  I actually put in quite a bit of time, and called CQ a fair amount.  But these days, most everyone seems weak, except for when the big gun stations come out for major contests.

The Speed-X bug is fantastic, and I think it's going to become my main bug.  The Champion is  great too, but the Speed-X is a little different.  The overall size is smaller, and you can adjust it so that the paddle movement (from left to right) is smaller than the Vibroplex models.  And it has a very light feel to it.  It runs fast, but the home-made bug tamer can get down to 10-12 wpm, if necessary.  I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top