Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2018 12:33:18 PM EDT
Ok, thread title changed, this is now the official seed-swap.

I need some garlic to plant this fall. Between a trip to the sandbox and an inconveniently timed move to a new house/homestead I lost my garlic that I had been replanting every year. I previously had Music, Chesnok Red, and Siberian; Music was my favorite due to the larger cloves (easier peeling for large meals to feed a family of 6) but I'm willing to try just about anything.

I have retail seed packets, about 1,000 packets. Some 2016 & some 2018 pkg dates. Some regular packets, some pelletized "easy sow" seeds, some organic. I simply can't post the entire inventory here. I also don't have the inventory readily accessible but I will have it late next week when I return from some travel. I'll post general categories for now and if you have specific requests out of that category let me know and I'll let you know what I have when I get back to my inventory sheet. Otherwise I can just send you an assortment out of your desired categories and you can choose what looks good.

Radishes: several varieties, numerous pkgs of each
Carrots: several varieties, numerous pkgs of each
Beets: several varieties, numerous pkgs of each
Squashes: many varieties of ornamental and edible, numerous pkgs of each
Peas: some pod/snap peas but mostly shell-peas, some small pkgs and I believe a few large pkgs
Green beans: I only have a couple varieties, some big pkgs and some small
Turnips: several varieties, several pkgs
Rutabaga: I may only have 1 variety (can't recall), numerous pkgs
Peppers: Cayenne, a few pkgs
Asparagus: A few varieties, several pkgs
Broccoli (I think): not sure how much I have
Pumpkins: only a few varieties, very limited quantities
Cabbage (I think): a couple varieties, several of each
There's more but I'm racking my brain to recall; just hoping this can start it off...
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a TON of seeds and I need some garlic to plant this fall... wondering if I can start the seed swap thread now, hoping to get some garlic for fall planting...

Is it too early?
View Quote
If you don't get any hits you might try here to buy some. They have a few different types not sold out yet.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/search/?q=garlic

I didn't plant any last year so I had to order some new planting stock.  I usually just go with German Extra Hardy.  It seems to do ok here in Nebraska with out having to do a bunch of mulch to make it survive the winter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

...Title it  SEED SWAP 2018-19 Official--Need garlic starts....
View Quote
Done... sorry for the delay, rural life means we struggle with internet connectivity...
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump, hoping to get some garlic to plant in the next couple weeks...

I still can't locate my seed inventory list but if you have a specific request it's easy for me to look at the seeds.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unpinning, since I'm the last couple of posts.

Although the Secret Santa threads do great every year, it seems my hope that the Seed Swap will catch on is going wanting.

i wonder, if it got tagged in General Discussion () or Team, if it would get more attention.

It's such a good idea, and so in keeping with the way the best of AR15.com works, I think there must be a way.
View Quote
At least we tried, haha. No worries... maybe it would get traction if I put "free seeds" in the subject...
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to bump this, it seems people are starting to get the itch (I've seen a few garden related threads)...
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Good idea. I still need to inventory my seeds and plan my garden before I can offer up extra seeds...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I have some extra heirloom heart of the bull tomatoes (Italian not Russian). They ripen very red, shoulders range from red through yellow. My May transplants usually have mature fruit in late August through September, usually until frost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top