Here's the latest one that popped up: Global SDR based TOA transmitter location
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh Oh

14.313 better watch out...  
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! Thanks for that link!

First ADS-B, now this. Pretty soon we'll be tracking cop cars in real time.

The math had always been known. The technology that used to cost millions such that only the military had it now costs just a few bucks. And now coding skills are so ubiquitous that people write the code just for fun that would otherwise would have cost a million dollars in man hours to develop.

It's an amazing world we live in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The locating ability is cool, but I'm glad to see there's an off the shelf solution that offers full HF band monitoring (if I read correctly, and not just a tiny slice like many webSDRs).
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow! Thanks for that link!

First ADS-B, now this. Pretty soon we'll be tracking cop cars in real time.

The math had always been known. The technology that used to cost millions such that only the military had it now costs just a few bucks. And now coding skills are so ubiquitous that people write the code just for fun that would otherwise would have cost a million dollars in man hours to develop.

It's an amazing world we live in.
View Quote
Sssssh! If you remember one of my other SDR threads, you might know my application.
Funny thing, when all you're looking for is the presence of a signal, encryption really doesn't matter much. It does give lots of
nice transitions to determine time differences, though.

It really is crazy how much the tech has advanced. All the open-source libraries makes a lot of this stuff a fun weekend
project.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The fast lane version of DSD+ has a LRRP mapping program that extracts the gps positions for transmission and maps them for you. There are a couple train systems back east that use it and it’s cool to watch how accurate it is.

Seek were you the one that made the close call monitor?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The fast lane version of DSD+ has a LRRP mapping program that extracts the gps positions for transmission and maps them for you. There are a couple train systems back east that use it and it’s cool to watch how accurate it is.

Seek were you the one that made the close call monitor?
View Quote
Yep, that was me. It's evolved some -- one key improvement is adding some pretty strong attenuators into the mix and using more than one RTL-SDR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top