Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2021 8:43:36 PM EDT
So, I decided to plant a garden. I tilled 4 times in 2 directions pulling golf ball sized rocks out as I went. I decided to frame a screen and sift out anything over an inch. I bought my own rototiller lest I break my friends. It rained a couple of days ago so the rocks are now stuck in there pretty firmly. I can’t get a shovel deeper than 1/2 “. Is there a clever way to do this? I will probably give it a day or two to dry out and try again. If it doesn’t look good, I guess I will probably rent a bobcat and dig a hole about 15” deep, then fill it with soil.
The garden is probably 10x20
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Got kids?  Pay them a couple of cents per rock to pick them out.   I used to pay mine to pick up brass.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No kids.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You will never get rid of them, trust me.

There is a huge pile of rocks at the back of my parents lot that came out of my dad's garden. He was OCD about it and voluntold my brother and I to help pick them out by hand.

Every time it would rain there would be more than before.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Building a raised garden is so much easier
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Building a raised garden is so much easier
View Quote

And you can buy proper garden soil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top