Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Update, thinking about it. Im not actually done... Still a bit more to do which does have to do with painting. I should have titled this post "Building Renovation." So, as stated, main part of painting is complete. It can be seen where the paint overlaps (as you are supposed to do with this product) you can also tell in certain areas where I was stretching the paint out unintentional. Light areas are stretching, darker areas are correct coat. Thick dark lines are overlapping on a hot day.

This pic shows floor as well as new shelving set up. Far right is individual gear, next is NBC, Medical bags and equip. (I do not keep bandages etc outside anymore) Next is kitchen items. Yip its a lot at this point, I will need to trim this down.
I also put tint on this window to reduce sun coming through, its reflective and is supposed to reduce heat as well for the evening sun which shines to the right. Ideal to protect equipment to the right from sun rot and heat rot. First time tinting.

On the eight foot door, I laid down this weather threashold seal from Garadry off of amazon. This is the 3/4" height strip, hoping it keeps the water out. Ill find out soon enough. It is put down with a sealant they send with the product. This also hides some of there the paint came up and should keep that from getting worse for a while.

This is the 10ft door ready for paint. Using Rustoleums parking lot paint.

8 hours to total dry.

This product has to be used upside down in the machine and out. Its intended use is for parking lots, I thought it would work best on the openings to the building. I'm not certain if ill be doing yellow strips on this door, since the thresh hold will be going down anyway. I also had to switch out the spray nozzle for the red one seen in pic the white one is what was on it, cant spray with that...

This time I overlapped this paint onto the rustoleum rock solid paint so there was little chance to pull up the more expensive paint.

I still need a threshold for the large door and Im going to be getting some weather seal brush kits for the sides and tops of roll up doors to keep rain, dust and flying insects out of building.  Less clean up time. Keeps a lot cleaner I am hoping.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks really nice. Also, opsec - don't let your neighbors see all that stuff. You don't want to be prepping for the first guy that takes it all.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks really nice. Also, opsec - don't let your neighbors see all that stuff. You don't want to be prepping for the first guy that takes it all.
View Quote
I'm good thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I have gotten to know my neighbors pretty well, they have some idea of what I have. And have no problem with it. All have expressed interest in being prepared, it's either an old age issue or cash issue. We have helped out the one with cash issue several times with food. Stuff we no longer want or eggs from chickens. Nonworries with neighbors.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top