Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2020 1:25:32 PM EDT
Shot six, but only recovered five.  However, by the looks of it, the sixth one left a huge blood trail.  I doubt it made it more than a few yards into cover before it died.

More Hogs Down with 6.5 Grendel and Barnes Bullets
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
More Hogs Down with 6.5 Grendel and Barnes Bullets
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice video/editing work.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
NGL felt bad for the one you wounded then got away
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NGL felt bad for the one you wounded then got away
View Quote

I didn't wound it, I killed it.  It was found one field over the following day (made it almost 60 yards and behind a knoll, which I didn't expect).  How it made it that far on a double lung and heart shot is amazing however.  These are tough animals.

Unfortunately that is hog eradication, which is very different from traditional hunting.  I've killed 51 on my place this year alone, and they do a ton of damage.  Bounce over a few acres of rooting in a tractor a few times and you'll feel a lot less sorry for any that take an extra minute to bleed out.

That being said; I would love to humanely dispatch every one, but it's never going to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top