User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol relax the card has been made and being sent. I will uphold this archaic ritual all is fine. I even printed off more Incase it happens again.
View Quote

Most likely it will.Especially if you check in on the arfcom net.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm still hoping to work Nellie Orr one of these days
View Quote

Post of the week
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I dont even have QSL cards made.

So Im expected to spend the time and money to make cards, then mail cards on my dime just because some Russian I have never met wants one.

Na thats a solid pass for me. I may do one digitally and send it to him.

I do need to look into LoTW.
View Quote

When u sign up for LOTW they will snail mail you a post card with your password to your FCC address on record.   I will look like junk mail so pay attention to your mail until you get. I was ready to chuck mine when I took a second look.

You really should get 100 or so cards printed for occasions like this.  You can get 100 basic cards printed for $10 plus shipping.   Exchanging qsl cards is a big part of the hobby. It might not float your boat but he brand new general who just had his/her first QSO with you is likely to hang your QSL card on the wall of their shack for the rest of their life.  There are lots of things in life you do just because.  This is one of them IMHO.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is anyone even reading the OP?

I am not his first US contact. I am one of many he has made as he is on his way to collecting 2000 USA counties.

I am this first from my county.
View Quote

My guess?

He REALLY wants the card and doesn't have a whole lot of money.

Some county chasers are rabid dogs!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered last batch from CheapQSLs dot com. Quick turnaround, good quality. He has a bunch of styles to choose from. Once you do, he'll email you a picture of a sample for your approval. I got some extra cards from him for free. Not a bad deal and not much time was wasted.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I got some cards from the bureau a few months ago. Not many. I just bit the bullet and mailed out cards in return since I'm not an ARRL member. Unfortunately one of the cards did not have an address on it and I could not find an address online, so no way to return a card without joining ARRL to use the outgoing bureau.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm amazed the Russians are still sending everything through their bureau.  Years ago it was the ONLY way to get a QSL to someone in Russia but I was sure that had changed over the years.  It also usually took a couple of years to get a QSL exchange through that bureau :(
View Quote

It changed. Some folks use eQSL, some even registered at LoTW.  Service hamlog-dot-ru emerged.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some county chasers are rabid dogs!
View Quote

Yes they are.

It's relatively easy to become rare DX for a few minutes during a state QSO party by activating a rare county, especially if you can get someone to spot you. Folks that like portable operation should give that a shot as an alternative to SOTA or whatever. County corners are the way to go if you can find them and they're accessible.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It changed. Some folks use eQSL, some even registered at LoTW.  Service hamlog-dot-ru emerged.
View Quote

@GoBliNuke. There is internet in Russia? Interesting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top