Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2020 9:30:38 PM EDT
I spent the afternoon diving into the Raspberry Pi 3b+, Rasbian, and getting WSJT-X and JS8call installed for use with my IC-7300. I was expecting to pull my hair out at some point in the process, but the entire thing went surprisingly easily, with no major problems. Thanks to all those who have posted threads, videos, etc. on the process. It would have been very overwhelming for a noob like me to attempt without anything to reference.

I hope to have the station monitoring JS8call full time now when I'm not using it for other things.

Decodes times on FT8 were a little bit slower using the RasPi than my PC, but only slightly and in defense of the little computer the band was packed and I was averaging 20+ decodes per cycle.

I have yet to try FLDIGI - that'll be a project for this next week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It's amazing what those credit card computers can do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top