Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 7:42:06 PM EDT
Has anyone ordered from Radioddity?

Their website says local address is in Delaware but that looks like a private home when you do Google Maps streetview.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They are not where they advertise.  As you've also found the address is a single family home owned by a Bo Yang.  It's actually a company operating from China.  They do business on eBay as radioddity and anysecu-radio, and list their location as Cranbury, NJ. The return address they provide through eBay is in China where items actually ship from.  It's clear in emails with customer service through eBay that the person is not a native English speaker.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they on the up and up?

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Pre-Pandemic orders shipped slow... and communications were poor.

I was shipped the wrong item from a Black Friday Sale last year, but they took care of me made it right.  I ordered the GD-77 DMR dual band HT and have been very happy with it.

I would not hesitate to order from them again, but I would also be prepared to wait for it.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Small update.

Got the UV-5R Plus that I ordered and within minutes was able to hear somebody on the air complaining about their health issues.

Ham radio FTW. :)

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 1:40:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small update.

Got the UV-5R Plus that I ordered and within minutes was able to hear somebody on the air complaining about their health issues.

View Quote

Wait until you get an HF rig.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small update.

View Quote
That was the local Geriatric Repeater.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
ordered 2 BaoSuck GT3+ for the new hams in the house from Amazon/Radioddity-quick ship and as expected
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple of their FRS radios I use as handouts when our off-road group goes trail riding.  Build quality is decent, battery life and audio quality are sufficient to the task, and they are cheap enough that I can afford to lose one or both.

Bought through Amazon, and they shipped quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top