Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 4:26:58 PM EDT
New ham operator...figuring out my Yaesu FT-65r

I have a list of local repeaters so I am good to got there.  My main question centers around CTCSS when programming the channel.  Is CTCSS mainly used on the transmit tone, or is it normally programmed for both transmit and receive?  

Second question...I have seen some videos on the FT-65R that after you program the channel in...you still set the Squelch Type..either T-Tone,R-Tone, Off, Pager, DCS,Rev TN, or T-SQL.  If that step also needed???
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you will need to put the tone in to access the repeater. The receive is not necessary, you will hear it without. aaaamost of the repeaters around here do not have receive tones The repeater will not activate unless it gets the access tone.
I'm sure if you look, there will be multiple videos on utube showing how to program a repeater in that radio.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yaesu FT65 Manual Programming, editing and deleting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top