Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2020 9:16:19 AM EDT

Since I'm the fisherman in the family I've been tasked with getting my niece and nephew rod/reel combos for Christmas.  

Last I looked the old Zebco 33 had gone way downhill in quality.  I'm thinking a spincast would be a better starting place for them because their parents really don't fish and aren't likely to put in the time needed to keep a spinner from massive birds nests.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
If i were going this route, it would be the abu offerings.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chadsc:
If i were going this route, it would be the abu offerings.
View Quote

Abu and Daiwa both offer decent spincast reels. Zebco still makes quality spincast reels, but you need to step up the 33 Platinum, Delta, Omega, or Bullet.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at Kastking on Amazon.... Their spinning/spincast shit is decent.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Just buy them a couple zebco dock demons........ cheap, strong and if it’s not for them then your out only $20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top