Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2019 12:47:48 PM EDT
I’m looking for a good quality boomless/wand ATV sprayer. I’ve been to Rural King and their sprayers just don’t seem to cut it and don’t have the best reviews. Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
County co-op should have an ag spray in stock or be able to order it for you. It is has a yellow tank. Ours is going on 5 years and still solid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Might check out Fimco sprayers.

http://www.fimcoindustries.com/
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I needed a new one this year and did quite a bit of research on what would work best for me.

Decided to buy a  Chapin 25 Gal. Mixes on Exit Clean Tank Sprayer.

Picked it up when they released it earlier this year.

Works great and the concentrate tank is fantastic. Picked up a couple extra tanks for thistle,  weeds and insect killer. Switches in seconds and just keep right on spraying for different applications.

No need to dump different chemicals/fertilizers in your main tank. Just fresh water.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might check out Fimco sprayers.

http://www.fimcoindustries.com/
View Quote
I would buy just about anything but a Fimco at this point.  I am about ready to pull mine to the middle of the gravel and light it on fire.  I bought a 30 gallon pull behind 3 years ago.  I got so tired of replacing their junk pumps that I bought one from Northern Tool the last time around.  The 2nd pump I got lasted exactly one tank, I shut it off to refill and after that it would never prime again.  Seems like a pretty common complaint if you read online.  The tank is also leaking around the threaded inserts where it bolts to the trailer.  The only good thing about them is there are a lot of parts available, because you'll be needing them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would buy just about anything but a Fimco at this point.  I am about ready to pull mine to the middle of the gravel and light it on fire.  I bought a 30 gallon pull behind 3 years ago.  I got so tired of replacing their junk pumps that I bought one from Northern Tool the last time around.  The 2nd pump I got lasted exactly one tank, I shut it off to refill and after that it would never prime again.  Seems like a pretty common complaint if you read online.  The tank is also leaking around the threaded inserts where it bolts to the trailer.  The only good thing about them is there are a lot of parts available, because you'll be needing them.
View Quote
I haven't had any issues with mine. It's the 60 gallon electric atv trailer sprayer. The tank is held on to the frame with L shaped clamps. It's a lot more heavy duty than the smaller 20-30 gallon ones.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just picked up a 16 gallon Northstar from northern mainly to spray mavrik around my property for mosquito control.  The single tip puts out a good volume for 12 to 15 ft wide path.  I'll then use the wand for spot spraying for poison ivy also.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just picked up a 16 gallon Northstar from northern mainly to spray mavrik around my property for mosquito control.  The single tip puts out a good volume for 12 to 15 ft wide path.  I'll then use the wand for spot spraying for poison ivy also.
View Quote
This.  Had one for about ten years now.

They also have a 26 gallon if that trips your trigger.

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200727349_200727349
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This.  Had one for about ten years now.

They also have a 26 gallon if that trips your trigger.

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200727349_200727349
View Quote
The one you linked looks a lot nicer than the one I have.  Must be the updated version.  Price was the same.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]
We have been using an older 25 Gallon North Star (Northern Tool) sprayer on the hunting property for 6+ years now.  The only parts replaced have been the spray wand that has accidentally gotten frozen twice damaging it.  The rest of the system had been bullet proof so far.  The pump is easy to work on and there are few moving parts to wear out as it a diaphragm pump.  Works great strapped against the tailgate of a Polaris Ranger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top