Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2021 10:20:17 PM EDT
I recently moved to GA from Ok.  I've always wanted to go hog hunting but never had access to private property and public land in central Ok barely exists.

We live a little NE of Atlanta and I can see on the map that there's actual public land within driving distances.  Where would be a good place to have a chance at finding hogs?  Assuming that they actually hold feral hogs of course.  I don't know anything about this area.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just moved NW of Georgia. Any luck finding anything?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Brandi:
I recently moved to GA from Ok.  I've always wanted to go hog hunting but never had access to private property and public land in central Ok barely exists.

We live a little NE of Atlanta and I can see on the map that there's actual public land within driving distances.  Where would be a good place to have a chance at finding hogs?  Assuming that they actually hold feral hogs of course.  I don't know anything about this area.
View Quote

I've never hunted in Georgia, but in general, you'll do better in river bottom habitat. Find a WMA that runs along a river and get out and scout. OnX has property boundaries for all of the public land in your state for $30 a year (totally worth it, IMO).
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m a little late here but, Alapaha WMA in Irwin county has to have a bunch of them. While I’ve never been on the WMA itself, I’ve spread fertilizer on fields all around it and that area is full of hogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top