Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2018 7:35:51 PM EDT
I recently got a Certified Refurbished Win10 machine for a shack computer.  When I try to install the USB driver for my IC-7200, it doesn't look or respond like I remember in the past.
When I look in the Device Manager under the Ports tab, it doesn't say "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMX)".  And I don't hear the Windows "bong" when I turn on the 7200.
I followed the Julian Frost YouTube video instructions, and have done this before successfully.  It appears the driver was not installed.  WTF?

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
make sure you did not plug the radio USB into the computer before you installed the driver.

If you did, then unplug the USB, shut the computer down, power off, then turn it back on and try installing again.

If you did not plug it into the computer before you tried to install the driver then I have no idea.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The last 2 Windows updates were known to cause audio interface issues.  
Additionally I found that Silicon Labs has had several problems with the April 1803 and ?Oct 1809 updates.
Silicon Labs

I hope this helps.  I hope even more that your problem is simpler to solve.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, Mach and GrinningWolf.

Mach:  I did not connect the radio to the computer until after attempting to install the driver.  Still no joy.

GrinningWolf:  Thanks for the info on the Silicon Labs / Win10 issues.  It sure does help to explain the unusual issue I've been experiencing trying to install the USB driver on this "new" shack computer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
@BigDaddy0004: you might try using the Zadig tool to reinstall whatever drivers you need. It works well for those pesky SDR dongle drivers. See here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
@aa777888-2

DL'd Zadig on the new shack computer.  Will try as soon as beer wears off.  

Thanks, BD
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
OK.  Got busy weekend with wife's birthday taken care of.

Using Zadig, I'm not certain how to install the Silicon Labs USB driver for the 7200 on this Win10 desktop computer.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, BD, I'm on the road this week and far, far away from my station PC, so can't hack at the Zadig software for you.

Strangely enough, I do need to do that anyway, as the drivers for my SDR dongle seem to have evaporated.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish I could help

I installed the drivers for the 1300 ling time ago and dont remember how
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top