Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2022 8:42:19 PM EDT
Anyone that knows me,  Knows I don't particularly like campers.  I spent years of my life making money maintaining, repairing and preparing them.  

This was given to me by my 70+ year old father who bought it two and a half years ago.  It has been used in that two years a total of 3 times for family outings equaling about a month of use.

I paid to store it for him in that time. I towed it to locations and set it up.  I have never spent a night in it.  

A few days ago..  My father told me to come get it.

So..  I went and drug this thing home from the storage place that I have been paying for for two and a half years.

Now to figure out what to do with it.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell it while prices are still crazy?
If you don't really want it get rid of it ASAP before the bottom falls out of the market and the camper...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Coat the roof.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coat the roof.
View Quote

The roof is in very nice condition still.  

I will likely clean the front and rear self leveling sealer and replace it with new self leveling sealer.  That's the most common failure point in the campers.  

I also took the time to clean and re silicone seal the appliance and accessory doors and access hatches.  

The thing is still literally like new.  I contacted my co-workers at my former place of work.  They informed me that they have a hail damaged 2020 Shadow cruiser 32 foot without the kitchen slide and island on the lot for 32,000.  They say mine would likely go for about 38,000.  That is 1000 more than My father paid for it!

He bought it from my place of work,  They gave him my employee discount.  Cost plus 500.  

The RV market is insane.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sell it while prices are still crazy?
If you don't really want it get rid of it ASAP before the bottom falls out of the market and the camper...
View Quote

Definitely.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I may end up using this thing..  

Crazy timing.  

Long story short..  I told my boss I think I may be moving further west since I don't have anything tying me down here.  (Son and I do specialty work on some high dollar homes for them) He asked how to get me to stay.  I jokingly said... Buy me a home.  So...

I may be building a home.  Boss offered me some land and to help me build a home on it using sweat equity.  I have no problem with helping build my own home.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top