Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2022 10:51:40 PM EDT
Here is the post I made for GD, my intention here is to talk about the affect on my preps and clue you guys in to the thread because it will basically be a blow by blow of what to do and not do based on how things roll out.

Most of my preps are at my rural property but I did have a lot of smoke and water damage to my BOB, lost a bunch of canned good, lost 11 solar panels that were to be added to my BOL cabin, and my HAM equipment is damaged. The contents of the house are almost a complete loss, outside of my guns in my safe (hers didn’t fare well in hers) and our motorcycles.

Check your policies guys, insurance isn’t sexy until you need it….

Here
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your house fire.

I've watched homes burn, and I couldn't react
because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

House fires happen so fast.

I hope you have help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your house fire.

I've watched homes burn, and I couldn't react
because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

House fires happen so fast.

I hope you have help.
View Quote

They do happen fast-we we’re gone 25 minutes or so and when I got there the front of the house was smoking under the eaves, out of the attic vents, and a little out of the garage. The only flames I could see from the front were at the top left of the garage, next to the entry door to the kitchen. The garage door button wiring had melted and shorted so the door was open when we got back-I started pulling bikes out as fast as I could with neighbors helping and we got all 8 out but the cop on scene tried to stop me the last two times in-I wasn’t paying attention to the progress of the fire… he didn’t think I was coming out from the last trip in…. He could see my feet, black smoke, and flames where my head should be. When I got that bike down the driveway and to the street and parked, I turned around and the entrance to the garage was half flames from the top down. Pretty serious fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top