Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2019 5:58:24 AM EDT
What concentrate do you recommend for mixing and spraying my deck and surrounding area?  
Also, for spraying clothing?  Would this be the same formula?

Thanks.  This will be primarily for ticks.  I have a bottle of 36.8% that I bought some years ago.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
For clothing I use 10%.  This is the same as Duration.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You don't have any cats around or in the house do you?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The recommended concentration for treating clothing is 0.5%.

Using a 10% concentrate, you add 1oz of the permethrin to 19 ozs of water.
For a 38.6% concentrate, then you would add 1/4 oz to 19.75oz of water.

This will get you close enough to the 0.5% solution.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It's very toxic to cats. Even a house cat that doesnt go outside if you are going to spray ...we use an Organic tick spray company called Organic Empire
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#5]
.5% for treating clothing

Label directions for other treatments.

More than likely you 36% is a petroleum stabilized product not intended for clothing. The petroleum product in it makes it more effective and last longer, but also smells like.... like petroleum. Look at the ingredients to be sure.

You can spray it on clothing, but they will smell. I've accidentally done it before.

I have 2, the 10% non-stabilized and the 36% stabilized. Only place the stabilized stuff gets used is outside. Spraying inside the house or on clothing gets the attention of my wife very quickly.

In regards to concentration. The concentration of the product you have doesn't matter as long as you're mixing it by the label or to the right final concentration.

Desired concentration % / 100) * water amount / (product concentration % / 100) = amount of product

(0.5%/100) * 128 oz / (10%/100) = 6.4 oz
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I alternate spraying permethrin and bifenthrin.  Bifenthrin works better for mosquitos when sprayed on the underside of leaves during the hottest part of the day.

I use Sawyer products permethrin for clothes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all. I can get the Sawyer spray for clothing.  I used the other stuff to make tick tubes a few years back.
I  have two large hefty bags filled with tissue tubes, just need to get cotton balls for fill.
The cat is an indoor cat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top